Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4age Sump & other RAW questions?!
oliwb

posted on 19/1/09 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
4age Sump & other RAW questions?!

Hi guys, just wondering whether anyone has ever fitted a 16v 4age engine into a 7 with the standard sump unmodified?
Also has anyone bought a bellhousing from RAW to convert to type 9? I'm wondering what the clutch solution is? Looks from the website as if its a cable operated one rather than hydraulic? If anyone has got any pictures I'd be much obliged!
Finally I don't suppose anyone has a standard oil pick up pipe for the above they want to sell or an exhaust manifold for that matter?
Thanks.....
Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JimSpencer

posted on 19/1/09 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Have got a RAW 4AGE in my striker (was built with a Xflow in it), I had mine done with the chopped widened sump solution, Looking at the spare lump sat in the corner of the garage I reckon the standard sump would rest on the floor if it went in as is, but then I'm running the car quite low

The bellhousing I got off them uses a cable clutch.

tul214

posted on 19/1/09 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Oli,

You can just see my sump in this picture. It is a standard 4A-GE sump. As above the clutch arrangement from RAW is cable operated.
Elvington sump
Elvington sump

If you need any other pics let me know and I will try to sort some.

Mark

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

snippy

posted on 19/1/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I`m currently fettling with a 1992 Westfield which has a 4age fitted. It`s using the standard sump which is giving a good 3 to 4 inches of ground clearance. It`s also got a hydraulic clutch set up. Sorry don`t have any pics available but at least you know its possible.
procomp

posted on 20/1/09 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Be warned though that engine dose suffer from oil surge when pushing on track days. Even the RAW wet sump was suspect as Garry Goodyear found out running the works striker in kits.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.