Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: jaguar 2.0 diesel classic saloon
Angus180

posted on 1/3/09 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
jaguar 2.0 diesel classic saloon

any info good or bad on a jaguar 2.0 diesel classic saloon 2004/5 with 50'000 on the clock. .
Simon

posted on 1/3/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Chap I know has had a few, latest is similar age.

Never had any bad reports from him - he loves it, and ets around 50 to gallon.

ATB

Simon

Angus180

posted on 1/3/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
they seem to be quite cheep. .
DarrenW

posted on 2/3/09 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Didnt some jags share the BMW M47 engine (along with Rover 75's and freelander TD4's??)? There are a couple of years to avoid or check for work completed.

My BMW with M47 lump is build date Sept 02 and right in the middle of a trouble zone. Apparently build date Nov 2003 onwards had improved turbo's. Not sure if they still suffer the injector troubles though after that date (or indeed if jags share that engine, may be mondeo lump.).

adam1985

posted on 2/3/09 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
ive done some work for a bloke who had one of these brand new a few years back and it was in the garage nearly every week in the end jag swapped it for a new one for him
smouldin

posted on 2/3/09 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
I've currently got a Jag 2.0 diesel SE. The mechanics are Ford Mondeo, which is what drew me towards the car is the first place (plenty of wrecked rep-mobiles in the scrappy!)
The only problem I've had so far is the EGR valve was clogged up and stopped working. You know it's gone when you lose power on full acceleration and masses of black smoke pour out of the exhaust. I've blanked off the EGR with a small plate and all is working well.
If you are gentle with the throttle pedal, you can get 58-60 mpg. If you want to push on it also picks up nice as well, expect 45-50 mpg when flooring it.
Mine's done 92,000 miles no problem.

Hope this helps.

dmac

posted on 2/3/09 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've got an 04 sport estate with 85k on the clock with no major problems, as has been said most mechanicals are mondeo. One recent problem with loss of power turned out to be a camshaft position sensor, an easy diy fix, £35 from a ford dealer and one bolt holding it on.
If you do get any problems check out the ford forums as there are far more users on there trying to share info.

Duncan

[Edited on 3/3/09 by dmac]

DarrenW

posted on 2/3/09 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Being based on Mondeo sounds like a bonus to me. I loved my las mondeo. Comfy jag with mondeo running costs sounds like a good recipe to me.

Ninehigh

posted on 3/3/09 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing as it's based on the mondeo I've got an 05 one, 65k miles on it and the only problem I've had is when I stuck biodiesel in it.

It doesn't like biodiesel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.