Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: is a carlton box bigger than a type 9 box?
rich201283

posted on 3/3/04 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
is a carlton box bigger than a type 9 box?

is a carlton box much bigger around the bellhousing and in length than a type 9 box? is the box easy to mount?
ned

posted on 4/3/04 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
the carlton box has an integral belhousing, i have a pic of a manta gte box, which is essentially identical but the starter is on the wqrong side, hence hte bolt pattern is wrong (DOH!)

ps if anyone wants a manta gte box i've got one!

will try and find a pic,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PioneerX

posted on 5/3/04 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Rich,

The answer to your question, is basically YES. I asked a simular question before I got my engine & gearbox.

The Carlton 2lt and up, gearboxes are a problem because of the starter, however the 1.8lt gearbox is also a little bigger in the bellhousing area.

I'm using a 1.8 carlton engine & gearbox as one unit, but I have modded the tranny tunnel a little just to make everything fit better. The mod I have done has not changed the size alot but has offset it a little so as not to change the space in the drivers pedal bay.

Ned - Just to clarify my 1.8 engine & box from 1989 carlton has the starter on the left (looking from the front).

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bengoh

posted on 5/3/04 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I've got a 1990 2.0i Carlton; if you want me to measure the box, just shout out.

Ben

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.