Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch paddle question
chris250

posted on 9/3/04 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Clutch paddle question

i'm about to start work on a Gixxer Kart (GSX-R 1100 powered kart), and i was wondering how the hydraulic clutch would be worked on it?

i have a video clip of a working kart and they have used a paddle looking like the F1 gear shifter style for the clutch and hoped someone on here could help me out and explain how to do it, and rough prices.

i know i've worded this wrong but hopefully you understand what i mean, thanks for your help

|some would say i'm mad, i'd say i'm ahead of the learning curve|

A Badger

posted on 9/3/04 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Should be quite easy with a bike derived Kart...

The Clutch is hand operated anyway, how about mounting the lever on the steering column and adapting the lever metalwork into a padle shape?

Fit a quick shifter kit and you don't even need the clutch for up shifts, just going down the box and starting off.

Andrew

chris250

posted on 9/3/04 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
just realised i've posted this in the wrong place. oops.

cheers for the reply, i was thinking something along those lines, i'm having a bit of trouble knowing how everything works really, only ever worked on cars and even at that i've only been doing that for a year so never done anything to do with clutches etc.

i got the engine on it's own so not really sure what a bike set up would have been.

where would i find a quick-shifter? i've not been looking for modifications as i was hoping to get it up and running for a track day on 11th of April, but this i think i could stretch out for

A Badger

posted on 9/3/04 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Look up some bike performance suppliers. The quick shifter cuts the ignition for a moment when you change gears meaning you don't back off the throttle and you can slip it into gear without the clutch. You can do clutchless changes without one.
chris250

posted on 9/3/04 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
any chance you could point me in the direction of a few bike performance part suppliers?

really a total novice, thats why i'm starting with the kart then moving onto a real car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.