Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mounting a fuel pressure regulator
blakep82

posted on 26/6/09 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
mounting a fuel pressure regulator

i've got a regulator, which has a good weight to it, but no brackets to mount it to any bulkhead or anything.

will it be ok to attach with P clips on each fuel hose? will it wobble around too much?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Benzine

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
mine is just zip tied for now whilst I get the car setup but I'll be making steel brackets for it soon

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
how heavy is it? stick a pic up
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
hmm, got to find my phot now... hang on

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Benzine

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
also, Blake, your cat pwns

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

blakep82

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
i know! she's the bees knees! she was sitting nice so i got the camera out, as soon as i took the picture it all started kicking off, she licked her face and decided to jump up on the sofa lol think she's kinda mid flow there

anyway,
Description
Description

if i weighed it right, which i probably didn't, its 220g which is a fair bit i think

i'm thinking hose clips holding the hose on, which is normal, and the mteal P clips right next to them to try and get a hold on the ends of the unions?

BenB

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
At the very least I'd zip tie it to something although it depends how near the regulator it's P-clipped.... As long as there's not enough give in the tubes to allow the regulator to pull itself off it'd be okay.
omega0684

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
p-clip it in, it'll be fine

edited: and your cat keeps staring at me, its freakin me out!

[Edited on 26/6/09 by omega0684]

MikeRJ

posted on 26/6/09 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Decent P clips (pref. the rubber lined metal type) near the inlet and outlet will be ok, seen lots mounted this way.

The two halves of the regulator are held together with screws IIRC so if you are feeling really keen you could fabricate a nice bracket that attaches via some of these screws.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.