Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust for Zetec SE Indy
shortie

posted on 7/9/09 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Exhaust for Zetec SE Indy

I need an exhaust system for the Zetec SE Indy I am building and wondered what others have done.

I could get one specifically made but then that will cost more and I have to get the car to them. Alternatively does nayone know if any of the off the shelf ones will fit such as the Westfield or Shawspeed one.

Or has anyone got any other off the shelf ones they have used.

TIA,
Rich.

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 7/9/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
You've got 3 real options here;

1. Use the original and restrictive manifold and have custom downpipe made leading to generic backbox available from Robin Hood/Great British Sportscars or any other manufacturer.
2. Use an off the shelf manifold such as a Westfield one that goes down and exits through the bodywork in a small hole, again leading to a generic silencer.
3. Use an off the shelf tubular manifold that comes straight out the side of the block, sits on the top rail, and requires the bonnet to be cut to accommodate. Again, followed by a silencer.
4. Learn to weld, order a faceplate and some lengths of tubing, get hold of a motorbike can, and make your own!

I wanted a single exit through the bodywork originally, but ended up with a tubular manifold exiting through the bonnet and leading to a bike can. Apparently this provides the most gain power-wise and is the least restrictive of the options. Think you can get these type manifolds off the shelf for about £150 ish, but they occasionally appear on eBay for slightly less. Bit less of a hit than the expensive £300+ single exit option, but then you have to ask yourself if you want the looks or the performance?!?

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

omega0684

posted on 7/9/09 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
drop 907 a u2u, he work is much appreciated on the forum, im sure if you ask nicely he will be able to help you out
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 7/9/09 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Apologies, 907.

That should have been option # 5!

[NB - options are in no particuolar order, as to avoid upsetting forum members!]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.