Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Boss told off for shouting at staff!
Guinness

posted on 23/9/09 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Boss told off for shouting at staff!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8271558.stm

I guess we don't know what he said, but.......

Mike

Ivan

posted on 23/9/09 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I guess it's easier for the police worldwide to deal with this type of whit collar crime where some feelings might be hurt than real crime where lives and livelihoods are put at risk.

This is typical of the sort of interference in private matters that don't concern them that too many states in the 1st world perpetuate.

mistergrumpy

posted on 23/9/09 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ah but this "private" matter was committed in public and somebodies feelings obviously were hurt, or else they wouldn't have rang the police. Therefore the police HAD to get involved.
When you say "real crime", what is it you mean exactly? because to the person who rang and required the police, this, to them, was a serious matter.

Mr Whippy

posted on 24/9/09 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Ah but this "private" matter was committed in public and somebodies feelings obviously were hurt, or else they wouldn't have rang the police. Therefore the police HAD to get involved.
When you say "real crime", what is it you mean exactly? because to the person who rang and required the police, this, to them, was a serious matter.

no matter how you word it, the police being involved about a boss shouting at his staff is just a waste of police time. It is for his own management to deal with not the police. Had he punched someone then that’s a different matter.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ivan

posted on 24/9/09 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
^^^ Exactly Mr W - and MrG to answer you - since when was it a such a crime to hurt someone's feelings that the police have to be involved. Maybe their time would be better spent dealing with real crime - especially when the someone who complained could well be an aggrieved staff member.

And yes - I know I'm not even British so shouldn't be commenting, but I read enough postings on here to realise that the general punters have little faith in your police's interest when they experience real crime like minor theft and vandalism - especially it seems, when the so called "Pikies" are involved.

[Edited on 24/9/09 by Ivan]

mistergrumpy

posted on 24/9/09 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ivan, just because you don't live here doesn't mean you can't comment on the state of the place
In answer to your replies. "Since when has it been a crime to hurt someones feelings"? Well it seems that the boss has been done for a public order crime. Starting at the lowest level a S.5 "Commits alarm, distress or harassment to a person whilst in a public place and in view/earshot of the public" to briefly put it. So there you go if someone feels alarmed or distressed or as you say "has their feelings hurt" then it is a crime under S.5.
I think the fact that he was behaving like this in view of the public is being overlooked and is the trigger point here because had he taken the matter away from the public, to a private part of the airport where public don't have access then the S.5 public order couldn't have been committed.
I'll give you another example Ivan and please don't think that I'm having a go, just taking a different view. If you were to use the word "Pikey" to what I presume you are referring to a gypsy or traveller then (apart from them starting a fight ) they are well within their rights to report you to the police because their feelings are hurt and you have just committed a hate incident and would be dealt with as seen fit. Hey, the law's an ass sometimes eh?
To comment on how the police's time could be better well spent, well I suppose in this case I'm a little more qualified to decide that one

iank

posted on 24/9/09 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Couple of points. This was in an airport, the police involved (the ones with guns who wander around making the weak of mind feel safer) aren't going to be doing 'real' policing out on the streets - this was a bit of interest for them and wasted no police time whatsoever.

Workplace bullying is a big problem and a lot of people commit suicide every year because of jerks like him who mistake shouting and humiliating staff as effective management. Do you work harder if you're given a hard time by an aggressive *hole?

Finally he's the CEO, there isn't any management that are going to be able to challenge his behaviour in any realistic way.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

MikeRJ

posted on 24/9/09 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see a CEO get involved with the day to day running of a company IMO, though certainly not a very professional way to deal with staff.
mistergrumpy

posted on 24/9/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
^I agree^ and I don't mind mindless bo77ockings either. I got them daily as a kid and then joined the forces but there's a time and a place.
Ninehigh

posted on 24/9/09 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Starting at the lowest level a S.5 "Commits alarm, distress or harassment to a person whilst in a public place and in view/earshot of the public" to briefly put it. So there you go if someone feels alarmed or distressed or as you say "has their feelings hurt" then it is a crime under S.5.

Does that mean I could be arrested for popping a balloon behind someone who's sat on a park bench?

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/09 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
Starting at the lowest level a S.5 "Commits alarm, distress or harassment to a person whilst in a public place and in view/earshot of the public" to briefly put it. So there you go if someone feels alarmed or distressed or as you say "has their feelings hurt" then it is a crime under S.5.

Does that mean I could be arrested for popping a balloon behind someone who's sat on a park bench?

tbh I think you'd risk being shot or blown up by the bomb squad

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
vindicator

posted on 25/9/09 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh thank you. Being an ex army service man and close to explosions and being shot at, it does not take to much to make me jump. Take the other night when I was at a club and 8 fellows sitting round a table and one of them knows about my 'condition'. He takes an empty crisp packet, lies it flat on his hand and then brings the other one sharply down on it. It makes a nice bang and everytime he does it, I jump and everybody thinks it is very funny.

Now I have something to fire back at him don't you think. S.5...ermmm

regards

TimR

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

mistergrumpy

posted on 25/9/09 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
There has to be other people around that would also be alrmed etc.
I am an ex RAF Armourer and have done a bit of bomb disposal and been around loud jets and I can sort of distinguish subconsciously between loud and dangerous and loud and safe now.
Had to do an exercise at work the other day where I had to be an exhibits officer in an awkward arrest situation and one of the actors came in shouting and moaning and turned the telly up in the room full pelt then walked off with the remote in an effort to disorientate me but I just ignored it and carried on writing. The other trainers wouldn't come in due to the noise and couldn't understand afterwards why I was still in there
No doubt I'll be deaf in 10 years!

Ninehigh

posted on 25/9/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vindicator
Take the other night when I was at a club and 8 fellows sitting round a table and one of them knows about my 'condition'.

Is this guy still a fellow or "that w***er that I'm not talking to anymore"?

As for something to shoot back at him maybe taking him to one side and explaining that the reaction they find so funny was ingrained into your nerves by the actual risk of being killed from said bang and how would he like it if someone was making a joke of his post-traumatic stress?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.