Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch Stop
bassett

posted on 18/10/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch Stop

Hi i have an R1 engine(02-03) with a clutch stop on the pedal probably a few threads before the clutch is overpulled and pops off (had it happen then realised we needed the stop). Does this sound ok or too low and I should i raise it so it is much further away from this point?
Reason being 1st is very noise to engage from standstill and when moving if i miss 2nd and get neutral it some times crunches slightly to get 2nd like the clutch isnt disengaging drive hence i think its being pulled to far and not working.
Any opinions?
Cheers
Adam

[Edited on 18/10/09 by bassett]

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

nitram38

posted on 18/10/09 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
My opinion is to change the length of the clutch arm so that you get full travel of your pedal instead of an on/off pedal with a stop.
It is a bodge, so short clutch bodges always reduce any adjustment leeway you might have had.
Take a look in my archive for the clutch setup pics on the motaleira.
I get a full travel pedal and it is very good when pulling away slowly.
All you should do is measure the full travel of your slave and work out the travel on your clutch arm.
Weld a new arm extension and it's sorted.
Remember to remove the freeplay from the clutch arm first. This is only there to help your hand gain some pull on the clutch lever on a bike. You don't need this advantage when using your leg. Good luck.

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 18/10/2009 by nitram38]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.