Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine position
24vseven

posted on 15/5/10 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
engine position

hi, after throwing away the idea for the revese gear its time to finalise the position for my enging its a cbr1000f lump. my main concern is the old prop shaft angles i have read and studied many of the previous posts on this and it seams to me to get things "right" i need to get the 2 mating flanges parralel however in my build that will prove extremely difficult becase the clutch clearence issues as the prop will fol the slave cylinder however if i turn the engine to run parralel with the top rail i can get eveything in just with roughly 5deg angle on each joint (prop is working back from the engine uj joint slider uj joint center bearing uj joint diff hope that makes sence) will i get away with this
phelpsa

posted on 15/5/10 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 24vseven
hi, after throwing away the idea for the revese gear its time to finalise the position for my enging its a cbr1000f lump. my main concern is the old prop shaft angles i have read and studied many of the previous posts on this and it seams to me to get things "right" i need to get the 2 mating flanges parralel however in my build that will prove extremely difficult becase the clutch clearence issues as the prop will fol the slave cylinder however if i turn the engine to run parralel with the top rail i can get eveything in just with roughly 5deg angle on each joint (prop is working back from the engine uj joint slider uj joint center bearing uj joint diff hope that makes sence) will i get away with this

Should be fine in reality Watch the clearance for the exhaust manifold on the top rail if the engine's a tall one though.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
24vseven

posted on 15/5/10 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa

Should be fine in reality Watch the clearance for the exhaust manifold on the top rail if the engine's a tall one though.

yea thats the next problem lol the manifold wants to exit right throgh the top rail cut and modify the manifold me thinks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.