Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Breather Plug
supercat

posted on 18/7/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Breather Plug

Does anyone know of a replacement plug sold by a company that will fit better/lock into the breather on the exhaust side of the block? I am using the Ford push in part at the moment put it often pops out on track covering the engine bay with oil. I'm hoping there is a solution out there!

blacktop_breather
blacktop_breather

James

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
doddy

posted on 18/7/10 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
i removed the whole thing on my engine and made a new one with 3mm plate over the hole with a 8mm tube and hole in it then a hose up to a breather box on the scuttle
Dusty

posted on 18/7/10 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
First job is to take the valve out of it so there is less restriction. You can then swage the end so it stays in the bung better. Lead it into a coke can which I have found works well, collects the oil, weighs nothing and produces no backpressure.
Burtons also do a valveless take off if you want a shiny one. Same bit for a pinto oil breather.

[Edited on 18/7/10 by Dusty]

supercat

posted on 18/7/10 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
How does the valve come out? Is it fairly obvious?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.