Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassi drawings
Zoophoria

posted on 6/6/04 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Chassi drawings

I'm planning for my project, a mid engined, motorcycle engined two seater.
I was thinking about using the same layout of the engine as the coram (I think). With the engine mated to a sierra differential. My question is, Is there anyone who has some basic drawings of a mid bike engined car, something that I could start from so to say. My main concern is how big I should make the personal compartment, the widht and length of it.

JoelP

posted on 6/6/04 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
to pick the width of the chassis, you either want to compare it to a normal 7 type and reduce it by the width of the tranny tunnel, or you can pick two seats, place them side by side, and, with help from a friend, work out what width you need for comfort.

as for chassis plans, inspiration can be taken from a variety or sources. once you work out how to arrange the drivetrain, you can work out the positions of the wishbones and the engine mounts. i would copy someones dimensions with regards to the actual layout of the bones, unless you have a good understanding of suspension.

Hugh Paterson

posted on 6/6/04 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
LMP

Why dont u ask Steve if hell sell u a set of plans and a licence to build one in Sweden.
Shug.

andylancaster3000

posted on 7/6/04 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Fury..

Take a look at Mr. Fishers latest Fury. The Menace. Fireblade engine onto a Freelander diff (a lighter diff than the sierra) via a cush drive. Its quite a neat little car but i doubt they would give you the plans!!

Andy

andylancaster3000

posted on 7/6/04 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
heres a link to the MENACE page.

http://menace.fishersportscars.co.uk/

kb58

posted on 7/6/04 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
What a disappointing "video". I kept waiting, "yes.... and?" Where's the spirited drive, the fast shifting, the handling, something above practically idle speed?

Many kit car companies don't seem to understand the importance of a promo video. It's the "hook" that can turn a web visitor into a customer. They have a running car, a proper video should be at the top of their list.

<sigh> shakes head...

[Edited on 7/6/04 by kb58]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 7/6/04 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez......Steve and I did more exciting videos than that.....

What a waste of bandwidth.....

Still don't see the point of a quite pretty front engined looking car that is actually a middy..?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 7/6/04 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Jeez......Steve and I did more exciting videos than that.....

And some of them sideways! HOOOOOO!

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Zoophoria

posted on 7/6/04 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Quite a poor video.. ehm
Anyone knows a website where to get some really nice videos, so I got something to drool over?

I'm sitting here looking at some drawings for a normal 7, I wish I knew how to use a cad program, sitting here with turbocad and goes woohoooo everytime I manage to make a line...

tadltd

posted on 7/6/04 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Click here - and then click on the 'Turner LMP' link.

I will have some 'better' action video on the Turner Auto Design site as soon as I get a spare moment to upload it from my camera! Shug can testify to the way the car was being driven around Bedford Autodrome by Phil Bennett... (who he? he who broke 'Ring lap record!)

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

Zoophoria

posted on 7/6/04 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
tadltd.. your spare moment has come, me needs to see!
sgraber

posted on 7/6/04 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
We were complaining about the Fury video. Stooopid video. Why show it driving at all?

OTOH - Turner LMP --- Woo Hooo!
Love that car Steve-o! Sounds good too.

We need a full in-car lap please! Audio sweetened with engine. Show us what she'll do!

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.