Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BT Broadband
Jasper

posted on 15/9/10 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
BT Broadband

My Dad was having some problems configuring his router at home. So I got on the phone to BT and after 10 minutes trying to set it up they offer a free new home hub. It arrived the next day, he just plugged it in and it worked out of the box, even got his HTC phone connected to it straight away as well.

Got a call from BT techie today to make sure everything was working ok, which it was.

Makes a nice change to get such good service, thought I'd share it on here.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

dan__wright

posted on 15/9/10 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
at least one on their departments is improving then.

at work we have loads of problems with them when it comes to voice but the support for data services was always brilliant, straight though to an engineer who knew what he was doing, straight onto the on site routers and would address the issues there and then.

recently its call, speak to some bod who logs it and you get called back in several hours.

not really on when you pay close to £20K per circuit

we used to know the voice engineers that supported some of our kit very well (3 in our area) but theye laid loads of people off and 1 of the original guys now covers 2 or 3 counties!

we had a major system component fail, no voice for our entire company, 2 days to get to us!

[Edited on 15/9/10 by dan__wright]

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

GMPMotorsport

posted on 15/9/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
We have BT broadband and they have been brilliant, may take a bit of time and patience but they keep at it until it's sorted.

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 15/9/10 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan__wright
at least one on their departments is improving then.

at work we have loads of problems with them when it comes to voice but the support for data services was always brilliant, straight though to an engineer who knew what he was doing, straight onto the on site routers and would address the issues there and then.

recently its call, speak to some bod who logs it and you get called back in several hours.

not really on when you pay close to £20K per circuit

we used to know the voice engineers that supported some of our kit very well (3 in our area) but theye laid loads of people off and 1 of the original guys now covers 2 or 3 counties!

we had a major system component fail, no voice for our entire company, 2 days to get to us!

[Edited on 15/9/10 by dan__wright]

That's the biggest trouble with BT....there's a few people that know what they're doing surrounded by a bunch of muppets that don't. If I could fire our account team, I would...and we spend far more than that on circuits...

Daddylonglegs

posted on 15/9/10 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I wish they'd put their hand in their pocket and improve the lines from our 'local' exchange! It's too far away to get a decent signal for the ADSL Modem to sync to. So have to use a wireless service.

Real PITA

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

dan__wright

posted on 15/9/10 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
ive just had FTTC available to me at home, put my details in, 16M, whats the bloody point when i get not to far from that on adsl2

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

v8kid

posted on 15/9/10 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
"I wish they'd put their hand in their pocket and improve the lines from our 'local' exchange! It's too far away to get a decent signal for the ADSL Modem to sync to. So have to use a wireless service."

Had that problem as we are 5 miles from exchange until I discovered a brill site that suggested wiring alterations to the bt incoming terminal plus changing the modem to a DG834.

Used to drop out all the time and not resynchronise for ages - now its rock solid - can't remember the site but will look when I get home.

PS still bl00dy slow but at least I can download stuff without it dropping out halfway through!

[Edited on 15-9-10 by v8kid]

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 15/9/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Probs with BT is that its slow...

I was with BT for all of 2 years,m they assured me they could not speed up my connection. |For the same speed I could save £10/month by going to Sky which I eventually did. Got a net increase from 200kb to 350-400kb in speed!!!

They can shove it - Sky also dont contract out to bl**dy India for Customer Services!!!

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.