Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Telephone systems
mookaloid

posted on 2/10/10 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Telephone systems

Anyone here know about telephone systems?

I have an LG IPLDK system on rental with about 8 handsets. I've never really liked it because I can't configure it how I want to without getting a (costly) visit from the company that supplies it.

At my last company I used to have an Avaya Argent office which seemed easy to use and configure and I could do it all from a web interface. It also had call logging etc.

As I'm getting towards the end of my rental agreement I'd like to have some better options - can any one help?

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

RichardK

posted on 2/10/10 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Were going to move to a trixbox system in the new year, open source version and utilising a server that were going to retire early.

Worth a look if you like a fiddle and can get the hardware thats on the trixbox list cheap off the bay as it doesnt have to be that good and people are retiring perfectly good servers that are more than capable or running a phone system.

I'll ping you over the proposal I did to my board, its got all the required bits in if you want?

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 2/10/10 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mate

I did wonder if you might know about this stuff

I'd be very interested in any info you might have

Cheers

Mooky

jacko

posted on 2/10/10 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Bean tin's and string
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 2/10/10 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Bean tin's and string

I can't imagine why I didn't think of that

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 2/10/10 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Bob does Inside Telco gubbins....me used to do muxs major and minor in ftc config.

dan__wright

posted on 3/10/10 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
it depends on what features you need, if its just making calls then bt feature lines could be worth a look?

there is the nortel bcm 50 which isnt a bad little system but with nortel going bust support is non existant and they are being discontinued but could pick a second hand one up on the cheap.

if you want a all singing all dancing system my vote would be shoretel, this can scale from a handfull of handsets (smallest box runs 50 but if you use the same box for analogue lines it reduces capacity) and scalles upto tens of thousands of handsets, is reasonable price too, very easy to configure and will do anything you ever want.

rough cost on the shoretel
sg50 £1.5 - £2K
10 phones £3000
10 phone + mailbox licences £1200

[Edited on 3/10/10 by dan__wright]

ps if you want ease of programming, avoid avaya

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

splitrivet

posted on 7/10/10 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I fit phone systems for a living Mooky , u2u me how many outside lines and internal extensions your looking at and type of lines eg isdn or analogue and I can give you some options.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

splitrivet

posted on 7/10/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan__wright
it depends on what features you need, if its just making calls then bt feature lines could be worth a look?

there is the nortel bcm 50 which isnt a bad little system but with nortel going bust support is non existant and they are being discontinued but could pick a second hand one up on the cheap.

if you want a all singing all dancing system my vote would be shoretel, this can scale from a handfull of handsets (smallest box runs 50 but if you use the same box for analogue lines it reduces capacity) and scalles upto tens of thousands of handsets, is reasonable price too, very easy to configure and will do anything you ever want.

rough cost on the shoretel
sg50 £1.5 - £2K
10 phones £3000
10 phone + mailbox licences £1200

ps if you want ease of programming, avoid avaya

I could supply a system for about a third of that price Dan and give you call recording, auto attendant, mobile extensions (cell phones can be used as extensions off site) music on hold and for an additional £150 a full call management package logging all calls into and out of the system dropped calls missed calls etc. All brand new stock
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

ChrisW

posted on 9/10/10 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'll second the trixbox thing. Find an old server, stick some fresh disks in it, and get some Cisco 7940's or 7960's off the 'bay. Job done. No more licences, software changes, rental agreements. It all 'just works'.

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.