Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Numpty Drivers
mad4x4

posted on 21/12/10 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Numpty Drivers

Ok your expecting me to go off on a Rant about drivers doing 60 - 70 mph in blizzards etc..... Well i'm not there just STUPID! Some of the Invincible 4x4 drivers fall into this category aswell usually Audi or BMW owners!

My Rant is about the oposite end of the scale when you get a driver being so careful. But being so careful doesn;t mean driving in 1st gear @ 10 mph and braking at every bloody corner. To the point where you have 25 cars behind you because you are doing 10 mph as you are so S*** scared that you may skid. AT thoes LOW speeds you cause traffic jams and worse people then have to take big chances overtaking. If you have no confidence in the snow then "DON'T DRIVE", better still sell the car and take the Train, a Bus or walk!. If the traffic keeps a slow but steady speed of 30 -40 mph on A roads then the country would get moving and fustrations would calm down. But no, slightest snow and its 10 mph braking hard into each corner and it usually a Citroen C1 or other "supermarket" shuttle. Where did these F****** get there license off the back of a cereal packets.

Bring back a Missiles behind the Headlamps!

Then there's the people who insist that they need both there rear and front fog lights on - WHY - all you do is blind other drivers and wonder why you keep getting "Full Beamed". They make didly squat worth of difference to the ammount of light that shines in front of the car.

Then there's the stero typing of "You have a 4x4" you are a prick when you drive.... There is a few times I have nearly been in a ditch because some car drive has not moved over into the side because a 4x4 is coming towards then and the car driver takes the attidude of "well you have 4x4 you can go anywhere" and in the 4x4 you end up being up the embankment or up to the axels in snow as the car drivers want the WHOLE road with out getting his persoius car clsoer than about 7" from the snow verge.

And Where are the Snow Ploughs Oh there stuck behind the car driver doing 10 mph

[Edited on 21/1212/10 by mad4x4]

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

blue2cv

posted on 21/12/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Do you feel better for that
r1_pete

posted on 21/12/10 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Your point about 4X4s, when we had the deep snow a couple of weeks back, most of our roads were single track, faced with an oncoming vehicle, if I could, I'd pull to my side of the road, no further, and leave the other chap to make the decision what to do. When I couldn't pull in, I'd reverse back, because I could, into a convenient pull in, but never up a kerb verge or whatever.

Did I ever get a wave, nod, or any other form of thanks!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locostbuyer83

posted on 21/12/10 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed, the slow drivers should stay at home. It's very frustrating.
David Jenkins

posted on 21/12/10 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Going up the A12 last night at sensible speed (60 - 65) as the conditions weren't great - slush in the gutters and tons of spray.

Several drivers were steaming past at 80+, and almost all of them were transit-sized vans - well noted for their tremendous handling and braking ability in poor road conditions... NOT!

speedyxjs

posted on 21/12/10 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locostbuyer83
Agreed, the slow drivers should stay at home. It's very frustrating.

We should be used to it down here. Thats how some people down here drive all the time

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

02GF74

posted on 21/12/10 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Your point about 4X4s, blah blah ......

Did I ever get a wave, nod, or any other form of thanks!!!

Oi!! I waved to you, but it was so cold I used 2 fingers.

r1_pete

posted on 21/12/10 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NigeEss

posted on 21/12/10 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Especially the pr1ck in an XTrail doing 10mph up a hill whilst I'm behind in a RWD van
trying to maintain what little momentum I can

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

adithorp

posted on 21/12/10 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Because of this weather I've got a sore throat. It's not an infection, just from screaming at the idiots doing 10mph. Creeping down hills on the brakes, then spinning wheels uphill because they've no momentum and are also in 1st, then slamming the brakes on for every bend... or just becuse someone is coming the other way.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

jossey

posted on 21/12/10 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
dont add all BMW drivers into that catagory.

thats unfair.

im a bmw driver...

and im a awful driver.

dave

coozer

posted on 21/12/10 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Bad weather done indeed bring out all the bad drivers...

Going to slow when I'm driving a truck and trying not to stop.... and get stuck

Then, for me its all the tossers who run round with there fog lights on

ITS SNOW, NOT FOG... TURN THEM LIGHTS OFF!!!!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mix

posted on 21/12/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I've often thought whilst behind a slow moving, in the path of an oncoming, 4WD, that there should be an additional driving test for these vehicles. Something to confirm that the driver is aware of the width of their vehicle, can park it without straddling two bays, knows that it is capable of driving through mud, water, snow, ice, etc at the side of the road and ultimately that they should give way to two wheel drive vehicles because of these abilities.

Ooops almost a rant

Regards Mick

ravingfool

posted on 21/12/10 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've found myself driving slower than a whole range of people recently in this snow and ice and if they're not happy about the speed I'm driving then they're welcome to lodge a complaint with anyone they can find who cares a damn.

Roads round my way have been really treacherous - they weren't salted at all for the last two batches of snow - and whilst main roads have improved quickly over the last couple of days, even with a thaw today the side roads are still pretty slippery. Add to that a substantial rear wheel drive car - rx8, and its not a great time to drive around like you stole it.

I'm just gobsmacked by the idiots who for whatever reason, justified or not, think they would like to drive faster than I'm prepared to go and decide to tailgate me down back roads (also known as ice rinks). This just makes me drive SLOWER to drop away from any other traffic in front of me so that when I do have to slow down I've got plenty of room in front of me incase I need to get out of the way of the idiot who isn't going to be able to stop himself from driving up my arse! We've got a lot of shallow but sustained hills round here and even in the really bad weather people were driving them nose to tail.

Idiots.

I'm trying to avoid driving as much as possible, not because I lack confidence in my ability but because I have no confidence whatsoever in the general public's ability in these conditions!

martyn_16v

posted on 21/12/10 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Several drivers were steaming past at 80+, and almost all of them were transit-sized vans - well noted for their tremendous handling and braking ability in poor road conditions... NOT!

Those blokes at Red Bull Racing could learn a lot by studying my van, it puts that heap of crap they raced this year in the shade I can tell you. Bits of my van were bending at high speed in ways they shouldn't waaaaay before those guys cottoned on, although in my case it is the sliding doors rather than front wings

morcus

posted on 22/12/10 at 01:58 AM Reply With Quote
The biggest problem is there are far too many people who can't jude what speed is safe and exceptable to drive at full stop. Snow seems to bring out the worst but you see this in all weather.

The worst thing though about the people who drive slower than the people walking on the pavement next to them is they also all seem to think it's okay to just pullout infront of people (I'm guessing because they haven't planned how to stop at the junction propperly). The best one though, I was coming down a hill and towarss the bottom was a car facing away with it's lights on, it didn't seem to be moving. I came down the hill at about 20 on the speedo and drove around him. I looked in my mirror as I was going up the road and noticed he was now indictating and very slowly moving round the corner and realised that he'd been creeping along at a ridiculusly low speed the whole time.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.