Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vauxhall XE Clutch
BMF

posted on 25/6/04 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Vauxhall XE Clutch

I have been offered a SBD 4.7kg lightened flywheel (original is 6Kg), and 2x SBD Quad Padle plate Helix clutches, release bearing, 2 release arms for £150.00

I am not sure how suitable these quad padle clutch plates are for road use.

Any ideas?

If anyone wants the Clutch plates, perhaps we can come to a deal!

Cheers Ben

andrew-theasby

posted on 25/6/04 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, cant really help about the clutches but if your just after a flywheel, theres a guy selling em on ebay for about £85 if i remember rightly. Might be of interest to you (no connection)
NS Dev

posted on 26/6/04 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
it depends on whether they are sprung centre paddle plates or unsprung. If they have torsion springs like a "normal" clutch then they are ok for road use ( a bit sharp but ok) if they are just a solid plate with no springs then they are a bit rough for road use, they are totally in or out, no in-between!!

They are the right diameter and spline for your application I presume!!??

If they are as above then buy them!! The helix plates are tough and can be "re-paddled" very cheaply when necessary.

ned

posted on 28/6/04 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
I contacted the guy selling the light flywheels on ebay. they weigh about 2.5 kg's, but you'll need a 7 1/4 inch (race) clutch cover as the standard vauxhall one won't fit. With the cover and clutch plates to suit it would become expensive..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.