Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt
shaywez

posted on 11/7/04 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
megasquirt

Hi guys, just after some advice. I am thinking about using a megasquirt for my engine managemant, i have rebuilt a 2.0Ltr Zetec which i am about to fit Jenvey TB's to, anybody got any advice on this? is it a good option or should i go for something like Emerald? Thanks in advance.
Findlay234

posted on 11/7/04 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
If you want to save money and like little projects like that then go for it. If you want to save time and effort then go for a ready made option. Another thing with the ready made is that it will def work first time, but then isnt that the fun in home made electronics..........

When i get round to ITB's ill prob make a megasqirt with EDIS (ford) ignition.If you buy practical performance cars theres an artical on building your own EFI including a bit on the megasquirt.

cheers
fin

CairB

posted on 11/7/04 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
shaywez,
I built a MSnEDIS and ran it on a pinto as a precurser to using it on a Duratec. I haven't come across any issues with it and would suggest that it is definately worth trying, as the cost is low, you'll be able to repair it if it goes wrong and you're in complete control of any additional features. The build process is well documented, I would recomend buying the stimulator PCB as the stimulator is used extensively for testing during the build.

Have a look at msefi.com. There is also a uk yahoo group.

Cheers,

Colin

Northy

posted on 13/7/04 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Findlay234
If you want to save money and like little projects like that then go for it. If you want to save time and effort then go for a ready made option. Another thing with the ready made is that it will def work first time, but then isnt that the fun in home made electronics..........

When i get round to ITB's ill prob make a megasqirt with EDIS (ford) ignition.If you buy practical performance cars theres an artical on building your own EFI including a bit on the megasquirt.

cheers
fin

Fin, what issue is that? Is it out now?

Cheers

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Findlay234

posted on 14/7/04 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
I believe its a running artical thats been going through a few issues, but they touch on megasquirt in the current issue (3).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.