Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Citroen zx TD
dlatch

posted on 19/11/11 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Citroen zx TD

Has anyone fitted a Rad to a Citroen zx diesel or i believe its the same as the 306
i am having a problem with the bottom hose fitting the bloody thing will not go in the new Rad
is there a helpful tip or trick to this? the design is a bloody joke what's wrong with a push fitting and a jubilee clip FFS
i got it undone with some swearing but i can't get the thing to push back in while in situ there is bugger all room or purchase.
i am thinking of taking off the bottom hose completely and fitting it to the rad before dropping in.

help

cheers
duncan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 19/11/11 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Is it the type with a steel sleeve thats held in with a circlip? If so some of them were crap steel that rusts badly and swells making it difficult to get them into the rad. Try polishing the sleeve and the put a small amount of lubricant on it before fitting. IIRC later ones have a stainlees sleeve. Fitting it to the rad before fitting the rad will not work as the hose has to fit through the inner wing
dlatch

posted on 19/11/11 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
hi rusty
yeah i know the connector u mean that's the 306 version i think the ZX one is actually moulded onto the end of the hose if u broke it i think a new hose would be needed.
it has a ring on the connecter that forces out the two hooks that hold the fitting in and a O ring to seal but its really hard to push it into this fitting i have lubed it up with Vaseline but i can't get it in there. will try again tomorrow

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BazzaMonty

posted on 19/11/11 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
I no them all to well as i used to work at a citroen garage. I take it you have rotated the lock on the hose that pushes the locking tabs outwards? If i remember correctly i used to take of the inner arch gaurd to gain better access. Patience is what you have to have!!!!

Baz

jase380

posted on 19/11/11 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Did one on a xantia years ago and it was also an absolute bstard, i ended up doing as you mentioned and fitting the hose with the rad removed from the car, then refitting it and connecting the other end of the hose to the block once the rad was back in. I found a lot of shouting, swearing , throwing of tools helped
dlatch

posted on 19/11/11 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Baz i have no patience with this car the air will be blue tomorrow
think i will try to take the hose off completely and get it fitted to the rad then into the car

dlatch

posted on 20/11/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
managed to get the hose clipped in finally but only with the rad out of the car as i found it impossible to get it on with it all in situ as so much pressure is needed to force the O ring into the rad fitting.
so i decided to cut the hose and reconnect with a beaded joiner (30mm) which i have just ordered, i also need two new clips that secure the top of the rad as they have rusted away to nothing.
rad is back in place and rest of hoses connected just need to wait for the joiner to arrive and the new mounting clips and it should be ok (crosses fingers)

what a pain in the arse!!!

jase380

posted on 20/11/11 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
It's all because the french don't like us .....
dlatch

posted on 20/11/11 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
jase

you could be right

jase380

posted on 20/11/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'm convinced, the wife has a megane dci now and you would not believe what a cow the headlight bulbs are to change... you need hands the size of a 3 year old with the grip of geoff capes.
rusty nuts

posted on 20/11/11 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jase380
I'm convinced, the wife has a megane dci now and you would not believe what a cow the headlight bulbs are to change... you need hands the size of a 3 year old with the grip of geoff capes.

If you think that is bad try changing the O/S headlight bulb on a Citroen C5!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.