Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec engine codes?!
me!

posted on 29/11/11 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec engine codes?!

Hi all

I've been to the local motor factors to get a cambelt kit for a zetec twice now... both times came away with the wrong one! I know this sounds a bit stupid, and I am a bit confused. The engine is a ebay special blacktop, so I have no idea of where it came from. The year code is YC which would make it a May 2000 (I think), and the prefix is NGD. I was hoping to use this prefix to find out what vehicle it came from and therefore get the right belt, but me and my friend google can't really find anything about the NGD prefix.

What is also odd is that both cam belt kits I have looked at so far have had a tensioner and two idlers. The engine at the moment has a tensioner and one idler. From pictures I've seen most have one idler opposite the tensioner and another down by the crank pulley, mine is missing the one by the crank. It is drilled and tapped there, but it doesn't look like its ever had a bolt in.

The kits I've had so far are for a 2000 mondeo 2.0, and one fitted to the mondeo for a short while 1998-1999 as the picture looked similar on the motor factors computer!

I'm sure I'm being completely idiotic, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Trollyjack

posted on 29/11/11 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
YC is correct for May 2000

Sorry cannot help you more

Info from here

Linky

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 29/11/11 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Can you not take the numbers off the belt already fitted and find out which kit it marries to?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AdrianH

posted on 29/11/11 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Could it possibly be a NGB code which is a 2.0 litre from a 93 to 99 series Modeo. What that series 2?

It could then be a late production engine.

Just a thought.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

me!

posted on 29/11/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Good idea about checking the codes on the belt, but they are worn off! Its definitely NGD stamped. Hope these pics make it clearer! The middle one shows where the lower idler seems to go on other Zetecs.

Dusty

posted on 29/11/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Silvertop mondeo 2.0L engines are usually NGA. Blacktop mondeo NGB or NGC. I suppose Ford might have made some NGD but haven't heard of that before. Blacktop is also known as zetec R and was produced 98 - 04 so they shouldn't have needed to go to NGD in 2000.
Focus 2.0L are EDDA-G.
The blacktops should have a label on the top piece of the cam cover. Copy the four digit code from this to help identify the variant.
Silvertops have a lower idler and one adjustable tensioner idler higher up. The blacktops have two idlers up high and no lower idler.

[Edited on 29/11/11 by Dusty]

me!

posted on 29/11/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I got the engine without a cam cover! Its never easy is it?! Don't suppose it appears anywhere else on the engine?
Dusty

posted on 29/11/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Not that I know of and that looks like NGD to me too!
AdrianH

posted on 29/11/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just done Google search for zetec engine code NGD and got quite a few hits.

Added Cambelt kit and found this on ebay

Ford Focus Mondeo Cougar 2.0 1.8 1.6 16v Cambelt Kit | eBay
Click 4 Car Parts

See if that helps. You may find a reference you can use at the motor factors.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.