Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZZR1100 Engines & Parts
TMC

posted on 6/5/12 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
ZZR1100 Engines & Parts

Hi everyone,

When we acquired our Paradigm project, we got a huge amount of ZZR1100 spares, some of which seem to be worthwhile, some might only be good for their value in metal recycling.
I'm going to have a bit of an ebay session tomorrow, but I wanted to offer things here first.
I have little or no idea of the value of most of it, so I am open to offers, and would accept a decent offer for the whole lot if someone was prepared to take the plunge. If you had a bit more knowledge and time than I do, there is probably a profit to be made.

We have the following, as well as a lot of smaller miscellaneous parts:

- A complete engine and gearbox, removed from a bike that was a runner until a couple of years ago. Its all in one piece as it came out of a bike I bought for spares, but I have never seen it running.

- Another engine that is currently in the Paradigm and is soon to be removed. Again this is complete, with gearbox. It starts and runs but has a misfire above about 4500rpm.

- A third engine that is sitting in a stand that came with the car. Again, no idea on its history or if its any good, but definitely useful for parts at least.

- A beautifully made Muzzys shallow sump. Its been machined from a solid block of aluminium by the look of it, and is a piece of sculpture if nothing else!

- A Muzzy aluminium exhaust silencer, which would fit on the LHS of a bike.

- A 4 into 1 exhaust manifold, unfortunately without the mounting flanges.

As mentioned, I'm not sure on the value of any of it really, except for ebay price guides so I am open to offers, particularly if someone wants to take the whole lot. We're hoping to put a more modern 1000cc engine into the car, and all cash raised from this will go towards it, so bear that in mind when making an offer!

Feel free to ask questions, but be prepared to give very simplistic specifics on how I find the answers, as I do not know a lot about the ZZR unfortunately! I can also provide pictures if necessary.

Cheers,
Matt

http://www.tmcmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 6/5/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
What does the manifold look like please

:-)

The engine which misfires I would give you £200 if thats any good :-)

[Edited on 6/5/12 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
renrut

posted on 6/5/12 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
What year are the engines from?

I'd be interested in one for my midget but I'm off on holiday next week and I'm about 150 miles away too

Why are all the fun things in life expensive!

TMC

posted on 7/5/12 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about the year on the engines. Is there a way of telling from a part number or similar?

I'll get some photos of the exhaust manifold and sump later too.

http://www.tmcmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jossey

posted on 8/5/12 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure to tell what year but you can tell the model in a few ways.

Wiring is different in each model so that's one way if you have the manual or know what the CID wiring looks like :-)

Second the d model has a flat sprocket as the c model had Dished offset gearbox.

Hope that helps.

The engines are cheap and a few people on here use them.

As previous I will buy the one what's in the car currently if you want to sell to me.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.