Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Some members on here. Grrrrrrrrrrr
Jon Ison

posted on 13/7/12 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Some members on here. Grrrrrrrrrrr

They advertise bits cheap and cause so much grief.

Just took delivery of a steering wheel for a tenner, fits nicely, however I was never 100% happy with my digidash position, even worse with the new wheel, so now I've moved that wiring harness and all, trouble is it's gone to where my accusump switch and light was so now I've got to move that, it's also exposed the steering column so now I need a shroud for that. All for a £10 steering wheel, stop bloody advertising stuff.

tasmod

posted on 13/7/12 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
And when someone advertises something cheap.

Don't all jump on and say it's worth more than that, so the guy now won't sell the item !!

They were happy with price in first place, leave em alone.

(Sorry Jon, know yours was tongue in cheek.)

Rob

ReMan

posted on 13/7/12 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
And ban Bargains elswhere
"In case no-ones noticed theres a Busa engine on the bay with only 1000 miles and its only £500 with 30 minutes to go"

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Peteff

posted on 14/7/12 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
And dibs, what's all that about ? If you want something say,"I'll have it send me your payment details" or "I can collect it whenever". We are not 10 year old and whoever comes up with the cash gets the item. Commenting in for sale posts, even to say what a good deal something is, should be regulated. If you want something sent a U2U and answer the thread. If you don't want it just leave.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

T66

posted on 14/7/12 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Similarly - when you buy from a locoster , it's important to do the deal by U2 , but equally as important is to leave a thank you etc on the selling thread. Then everyone else can see all went well.

Sitting sweating my titties off at the pool bar in Cyprus btw.

owelly

posted on 14/7/12 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
I think using a popular Irish band to negotiate sales is a bit extreme. And I'll continue to call dibs and follow up with by contacting Bono just so the seller kbows who got dibs first!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hignett

posted on 14/7/12 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
Sitting sweating my titties off at the pool bar in Cyprus btw.

Goyt................

Peteff

posted on 14/7/12 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
On a forum my wife reads there are no replies allowed to sale threads, any interested party contacts the seller by private message and then the seller decides who they want to sell to. It saves cluttering the thread with comments about how someone would have had this if only it had been nearer, if only I could afford it or people calling "dibs but I want to check with the wife to see if I can have it" or "make sure it will fit" etcetera. The seller then posts to say the item is sold and there is no further discussion. It works well for them.

That's a bit unfair Steve, just 'cos he's enjoying his time in Cyprus Goyt urban dictionary.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

T66

posted on 22/7/12 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

That's a bit unfair Steve, just 'cos he's enjoying his time in Cyprus Goyt urban dictionary.

Lol - I assumed GOYT was an alternative to G1T, however Im pleased for the dictionary link Pete, as Im obviously more of a TW@T than a G1T...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.