Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mk indy zx9r or vw t4 transporter
oddjob

posted on 12/12/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
mk indy zx9r or vw t4 transporter

hi
im testing the water here as ive spoke to a guy on here about it i know its the wrong time off year but saying that redunacy isnt either [my wife that is].i may be looking at a p/x and some cash on a diesel car around 2000 pounds

there are some pictures in my archive
its has mot till next september sorn at moment
it started life as a 2ltr pinto to how it is now
heres a bit of info

hi
its pete again i will list the the spec and the story aswell

i brought this off the forum aswell from the guy who built it its a later mk chassis with the oval wishbones etc it i had it was built in 2006 and covered just under 1000 miles on the pinto engine which was the doner car i got the car from southampton and did approx 300 miles the went for the engine swap again i got the engine /cradle /prop adapter loom from needfor speed member as he was upgrading to a late r1 but i chose that engine as ive had about 5 zx9r bikes and no probs at all i also had one at the time to use for ref i then built it up from there and used it several times after going to a couple off local shows and to local bike meets approx 300 miles.

ive done all the work myself as my friend at vw dealers where i work has also got the same car just got a r1 in but both still 150 bhp but hes brought an mnr now and started that with his dad so we all help each other.

now the car
mk indy
zx9r 6 speed with pipercross filter from a c2 with approx 17k
all sierra loom and switches all been cut down and zx9 loom modified and put in
protech shocks
sierra brakes all new
zx9 clocks
cobrs seats
3.62diff maybe needs a 3.38
silicone hoses
custom dash carbon film
new polo raditor
new headlights
new viper exhaust can removeable baffles
fox 15 inch alloys and toyo proxes tyres was new
home made gearlinkage with cables

theres alot more but you will see on pictures there are a few items what need to be done but not hard
temp gauge needs wiring in but fan cuts in
no fuel gauge
speedo needs a healer and setting up about 50 pounds
no weather gear
no choke cable

but this car drives well and its fun i think its cheap as going to need car for wife as the big redunacy is soon but its either this car or my t4 van which ever goes first so im putting up at 4800 which is cheap when tigers and other car engined cars are going for more
i have pics off the rebuild and even when i got it

any more info and pics can be sent

thanks pete

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

p2ccolo

posted on 14/12/12 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Pete

It was me you spoke to, still very interested, just waiting to hear back from another forum member on here who is local to me about prices to carry out the remaining work that needs doing as well as a few other bits on pieces and then hopefully if all comes in under budget I will be in touch to arrange a viewing sometime over xmas.

Cheers

Graham

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.