Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Solidworks
krlthms

posted on 2/12/04 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Solidworks

Hello,
I want to start playing about with designs, and it seems that several people on this forum use and like Solidworks, so I would like to use this programme.
The problem is cost. Full professional copies from the maker run to $1000s, and an educational copy will expire in two yearsafter activation.
Looking on ebay for a reasonably priced copy, I have come across a wide range of prices, including this UK site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3770&item=7118626069&rd=1

My question is, do any of you have any idea where I can source a cheap copy of Solidworks; it does not have to be 2004 version. Also, does anyone have any experience of the site above? It looks dodgy? If I send the money, what is the chance I will get anything back?
Thank for your help.
krlthms

JoelP

posted on 3/12/04 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
im sure there will be a free version on one of the file sharing platforms. i dunno of any unfortunately. Check out all the usual supsects, or google for 'file sharing'

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

SeaBass

posted on 3/12/04 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
I am in the same boat...

I teach secondary schools pupils to use PTC Prodesktop and Autodesk Inventor (Higher and Advanced Higher Graphic Communication) but out of interest would like to use Solidworks.

Ideally don't want to shell out too much if you know what I mean.

quote:
Originally posted by krlthms
Hello,
I want to start playing about with designs, and it seems that several people on this forum use and like Solidworks, so I would like to use this programme.
The problem is cost. Full professional copies from the maker run to $1000s, and an educational copy will expire in two yearsafter activation.
Looking on ebay for a reasonably priced copy, I have come across a wide range of prices, including this UK site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3770&item=7118626069&rd=1

My question is, do any of you have any idea where I can source a cheap copy of Solidworks; it does not have to be 2004 version. Also, does anyone have any experience of the site above? It looks dodgy? If I send the money, what is the chance I will get anything back?
Thank for your help.
krlthms

Cheers
JC

flak monkey

posted on 3/12/04 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
I dont know of where to get it but we use solid works at uni. Its quite good, but is sometimes a bit too clever for its own good... If you can work ProD, Inventor or Mech Desktop then you will have no trouble with Solidworks, its quite easy.

It comes with VERY simple FEA plugins as well, which can be useful.

Cheers,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Chris Green

posted on 3/12/04 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krlthms
Hello,
Also, does anyone have any experience of the site above? It looks dodgy? If I send the money, what is the chance I will get anything back?
Thank for your help.
krlthms

Which site do you mean? Ebay?

I use Solidworks every day. we have 6 licenses here at work. Its a great package. I'm working through the IRS for my chassis at the moment, when I get chance.

I'd also love to have it at home, but I'm not downloading a cracked version.

Chris Green

posted on 6/12/04 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
what do you do about your serial number and registration code when you download that?

Do I need to install any other software before I download any bit torrents?

Regards,

Chris.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.