Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Practical Performance Car mag
Matthew_1

posted on 9/12/04 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Practical Performance Car mag

Hi,

I've seen this mag mentioned on a few postings and on other sites. Seems to be some sort of replacement for CCC - even Mark Hales gets a mention. Anyone on here read it - I've not seen it for sale anywhere. Where are people getting it?

Matt

[Edited on 9/12/04 by Matthew_1]

ChrisW

posted on 9/12/04 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, it's a very good read. Difficult to get hold of though - I have to walk about a mile from work to the one newsagent that sells it! (yes, it's worth it!)

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 9/12/04 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
yep its fab, dave walker is involved, i think he wrote for ccc. i have never found a magazine which better represents my interests, although model engineers workshop comes close.

i am a subscriber,

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

adampage

posted on 9/12/04 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Track & Race Car

I think Track & Race Car seems a closer replacement for CCC. Even looks a bit like it - lettering, covers, etc.

Good read.

Adam.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 9/12/04 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
i read that too, its good but not as good as ppc (my 2p)

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Chris Green

posted on 9/12/04 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I read it. I've got the 5 issues of it on my desk at work.

I can't find the December issue though. WH Smiths by me sometimes have it. I usually struggle to find it.

zetec

posted on 9/12/04 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Better read than either of the two kit mags, all they seem to do is churn out the same old rubbish month after month. They seemed to have turned into one big advert, even the build articles are biased to promote the various companys who advertise with them. The nearest they get to any real hands on stuff is that Dean bloke going on about some crap. I have to laugh at some of the poor answers they give in the Tech advice section!

rant over.

MikeP

posted on 9/12/04 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
Have you folks over there seen Grass Roots Motorsports (GRM)?

http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com/

You'd probably want to skip the SCCA stuff and you might find many of the vehicles are different from what you see over there, but the tech articles are pretty good. There's starting to be a fair bit of locost stuff too.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 10/12/04 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
I think the standard of writing in T&RC is not nearly up to what CCC was. In one I saw, the guy writes "took a well deserved race win" when he is reporting on has own performance.

Fred WB

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.