Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: General store
Aloupol

posted on 15/1/05 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
General store

A young guy wants to enter the sales department of a General Store (the kind of store where you can buy everything, from a matchbox to a house).
He sent an application several times but no way, the manager doesn't want a 17 years old guy as a seller.
He is so insintent that the boss finaly accepts to give him a chance: one week of free test, let's see the results.
The next hour, the guy is selling a fishing rod to a customer, the boss looking after him listens to the conversation.

-Sir, here is our best model, carbon fibre, unbreakable, etc.
-With your rod you also have to buy a reel, some hooks, floats and so on...
-You also need a seat.. Here is the best seat you ever seen, you can store all your stuff in it, etc..
He sells the rod, reel, and all the rest.
-But did you ever fished IN the water? What a great feeling... Look at these waders... And the guy goes on buying all.
-You'll probably have to go on the lake, you need a dinky. Look at this one... And a trailer to bring it there with your car. Which car have you got? No, it's too small, I have what you need, look at this.
At the end the customer goes away with a complete fishing equipment, a new 4x4, a trailer and a boat.

The boss comes to cheer his wonder new seller, and says:
-Congratulations my friend, this man only wanted a rod and...
-Oh no sir, he only asked me where are the sanitary towels and tampons, and I replied: Sad week end my dear, you'd rather go fishing...

[Edited on 15/1/05 by Aloupol]

Hellfire

posted on 16/1/05 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one!!!

<cast's float back in water>

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.