Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: C20XE megasquirt trigger offset
mini-sprite

posted on 4/2/23 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
C20XE megasquirt trigger offset

Hi. I'm just finishing transferring my westie over to megasquirt ms2v3. Its all working and starts no issues. I just wanted to check what trigger offset I should be using. There is some conflicting info out there. I set it to 98 btdc as suggested and idle is a bit high but struggling to reduce it.

There is a good write up on migweb that suggests setting it to 21 BTDC.

static timing is confirmed.

When i buy car parts i go on the premise that 'it is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission'

Sanzomat

posted on 6/2/23 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I may have the wrong end of the stick here but I thought as long as you tell the software what trigger angle you've set it doesn't matter much. As long as you've set it in Tuner studio it'll know when TDC is and the ignition map will be based relative to that. I was advised its a good idea to physically set it something like 90 degrees before so the software/processor has time to see the trigger pulse, process it in real time, and then fire the ignition at whatever the map says so maybe 30 degrees BTDC so if the physical signal comes through at 90 BTDC it has 60 degrees of thinking time.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.