Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lighting Up Instrument
psylsph

posted on 17/3/05 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Lighting Up Instrument

I'm got a pre-sva locost and noticed the other day that the instruments don't light up. (Don't normally go out in the dark, it's scary). My questions is do instruments have to light up to pass the MOT, as I've got the car through 2 MOT and they either never noticed or it doesn't matter, the question is which?
locoboy

posted on 17/3/05 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
As far as i know they do not have to light up, i have watched my F27 go through many an MOT and never once have i seen them check for this.

In fact i dont think any of your instruments have to work for an MOT, they dont do a road test so will never know if speedo is working or not, unless the milage is the same as it was last year! (you do need a mileometer though)

Switches and stalks are a different matter - they need to work.

ATB
Locoboy

psylsph

posted on 17/3/05 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
They've never checked mine either, doesn't mean they not supposed to though.
For instance failed this year due to no rear reflector, car had 3 previous MOTs and never failed on that one, year before it was no hazard when ignition off again never worked wasn't possible at the time.
Seems to me half the time they check what they remember to check. Very worrying for those cars which aren't looking to road worthy anyway.

Stuart

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.