Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost general dimensions
Aloupol

posted on 10/7/05 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Locost general dimensions

I'm a bit confused with all the different 7-type car's dimensions.

Is a book Locost about the same as a Caterham? Or a Westfield?

I assume that the best looking car will be a standard chassis but the rear end with Sierra parts will look a bit too large (already discussed here).

So the interest of a +4 or +442 McSoreley chassis but I wonder how looks such a car. There are no Locost available here so it's difficult to take infos, Internet is my only source.

Can anyone show me pics of a +4 and a +442 car? The best would be a comparative pic with the different cars type beside one another.

Peteff

posted on 10/7/05 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
We measured my book chassis against a friends' live axle Westfield and the similarities are remarkable.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Aloupol

posted on 10/7/05 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks.

The only 7 near to me is a Westfield in the building process, I will ask the mate to let me sit in the car, and see if my 1,87m tall will all enter..

I feel that a standard chassis with Sierra rear track would look nice, waiting to see pics.

The alternative would be to build a +442 but I wonder how looks such a car, with wide cockpit and narrow nose, would also be interested to see a pic.

clbarclay

posted on 11/7/05 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Some wide body cars are made using wider nose cones, you can (and several people on here have) buy a standard nose and widen it or there are some manufacturers that make wide nose cones as an option to the standard nose.

Alez

posted on 11/7/05 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I like the one in your avt, what dimensions did you use for the build?
James

posted on 11/7/05 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aloupol
Thanks.

The only 7 near to me is a Westfield in the building process, I will ask the mate to let me sit in the car, and see if my 1,87m tall will all enter..

I feel that a standard chassis with Sierra rear track would look nice, waiting to see pics.

The alternative would be to build a +442 but I wonder how looks such a car, with wide cockpit and narrow nose, would also be interested to see a pic.

Some Westfields I've seen have been awfully full of comfy interior padding- which probably makes them seem a lot smaller than they are.

A Locost is basically the same dimensions but without the padding!

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Aloupol

posted on 11/7/05 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alez
I like the one in your avt, what dimensions did you use for the build?

It's a mate's one, he is 3'2" tall.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.