Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: trackday without road legal part
zxrlocost

posted on 17/11/05 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
trackday without road legal part

ok thanks for the info before on trackdays

last thing

if my cars not road registered and I want to go on a airfield day to test it out what do I need to do/get buy etc

apart from obviously trailoring it there and back and a helmet

what insurance do I need etc

thanks
chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

gingerprince

posted on 17/11/05 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
For a trackday you don't "need" insurance. There's no 3rd party liability on your part, it's every man for himself. You get insurance if you want to protect your investment. But you've got to weigh up the cost of the cover and the large excess for track cover against what your car's worth (or rather what value damage could be caused). A lot of people don't insure for this reason, but some do for "peace of mind".

But as to your question you don't "need" any. Oh, you have to show your driving license too so don't forget it!

zxrlocost

posted on 17/11/05 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
so if someone goes into me or I go into them its tough shit!???
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Sirius

posted on 17/11/05 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Every trackday I have been to its been s system of your car is your responsibility.

If an incident happens there is no concept of blame - you have to fix your car and they have to fix theirs.

Fortunatly car/car incidents seem to be very rare, I have never seen one.

I used to take insurance, but I don't any more as it represents a significant portion of the total cost of the day and not much us usually covered. I am now more comfortable with what happens on a trackday etc and took the decision that the insurance wasn't worth it.

Jasper

posted on 17/11/05 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Some like the car to be road legal (I seem to remeber Motorsport events do, stops people using them as testing days for racing) ie have a number plate - I got around this pre-SVA by just slicking on the plates from the donor
gingerprince

posted on 17/11/05 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zxrlocost
so if someone goes into me or I go into them its tough shit!???

In law yes, however if you do something stupid and total someone elses car then they may decide to go postal on your ass As has been said though car on car incidents are rare, helped partly by the "No overtaking on corners" thing.

andylancaster3000

posted on 17/11/05 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
IMO I would be more worried about trackday cover if it was for a greatly more valuable car or one which is needed regularly.
Our cars have a relatively large component value and even after a large prang a lot should be salvageable and can be used again or sold on.

Admittedly this doesn't take into account the hours spent building the thing in the first place but then thats what kit/locosts are all about!

Andy.

[Edited on 17/11/05 by andylancaster3000]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.