Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear fog lights........
Jon Ison

posted on 22/11/05 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Rear fog lights........

Well weathers not too good at mo, but WHY do people insist on switching/leaving rear fog lights on when visibility whilst ain't so good don't require them, on dark nights there a pain in the ass, you cant see brake lights come on ect.........

Most people dip there headlights when they see a car approaching why not turn these bloody things off when they see a car in the mirror.

There, rant over.............

Induced by 400 miles of dark morning and dark evening driving staring at forgotten rear fog lights......... turn em off.

smart51

posted on 22/11/05 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
I' don't know. Perhaps people get excited at the excuse to switch them on. Perhaps they are evil and want to blind the people behind them. Or perhaps they are ignorant and don't realise how annoying it is and then they just forget to switch them off. I think that fords must have a separate switch that stays on even after the key has been removed.
Deckman001

posted on 22/11/05 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Having just got back from a trip up to Bolton and back, is there anything us blinded drivers can legally do get the attention of these tw*ts to make them turn them off !!!!!!!

Jason

Kowalski

posted on 22/11/05 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
I think that fords must have a separate switch that stays on even after the key has been removed.

I've got two (pre-facelift) Xantias, the fog light switch isn't the same between them. On the older one, you can leave the rear fogs on but you get a big bright light on the switch to tell you they're on, the switch for the front fogs isn't so well lit so you can end up with them on accidentally. With the newer car, when you turn your lights off, it turns off the foglights for next time and there is a big bright light on the dash for both the front and rear fogs, so you KNOW when either ones are on.

I was following cars with their rear fogs on tonight too, I had mine on for the fog, then turned them off again for the clear...

rusty nuts

posted on 22/11/05 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Is'nt the maximum fine for improper use of fog lights £1000. Pity it's not enforced more . Newer cars generally turn the fog lights off when lights are turned off. People that don't use their handbrake when stopped that have high level stop lights on are just as bad.
MikeR

posted on 22/11/05 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
On my astra if you turn the lights off the fog lights go off and stay off till you turn them on again - nice touch!
andyps

posted on 22/11/05 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
But you still have to turn the lights off.

A bright bulb in the dashboard should flash every minute to remind you that the fog lights are on. Also, they should be linked to go off once the headlights are turned to main beam as that is useless in fog, so will only be used once the fog has gone.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Chippy

posted on 22/11/05 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Front fog lights

What about the chavs that run with their front fogs on all the time, "cos it looks cool", Or the lovely blue strip lights under the chassis, and little blue lights on the front bumper, now they realy are pr**ks. And yes it is against the law.
JamieG

posted on 22/11/05 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with all of the above, its highly annoying! As is the use of front fog lights in broad daylight . Although some lights which appear to be fog lights are infact driving lights which come on when using full beam( A la 205 Gti ) - Mostly confusion arrises and so people use their fog lights as driving lights ( Markings on the glass should tell you which type they are)
Hammerhead

posted on 22/11/05 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
i like to be nice and bright and sparkly!
David Jenkins

posted on 23/11/05 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Visibility must be less than 50 yards before they can be legally used. That's not very far at all!

I can't see the police getting excited about inappropriate fog light use - every morning and evening, week in week out, I see the same cars with one dipped headlight gone, running on high beam to see where they're going and blinding everyone else. How difficult is it to fix a lightbulb! Don't they want to see where they're going?! </rant>

David

chrisg

posted on 23/11/05 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
What about the chavs that run with their front fogs on all the time, "cos it looks cool", Or the lovely blue strip lights under the chassis, and little blue lights on the front bumper, now they realy are pr**ks. And yes it is against the law.

It's rampant round here, can't understand why the coppers don't take the easy £60/3 points off these B@st@rds!!!

They should give he fuzz toffee hammers. Stop them, break the fog lights with the toffee hammer, tell them not to get them fixed until they know how to use them.

Personally I'd pull their eyeballs out with a corkscrew and stamp on them. And set fire to their cars.

One day I'm going to buy a pick-up truck and put a line of super oscar lamps across the top of the cab, all aimed into their fookin stupid faces and give them a suntan they won't forget.

Not that it bothers me.

Cheers

Chris

DarrenW

posted on 23/11/05 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
On my astra if you turn the lights off the fog lights go off and stay off till you turn them on again - nice touch!

My mondeo i sthe same. main light switch turns the front and rear fogs off so you cant forget.

jos

posted on 23/11/05 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
The other stupid thing is that more people seem to use their front fog lights at dusk/nighttime than whe foggy

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

RoadkillUK

posted on 23/11/05 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Let's be honest, most of the nob'eds drive all day with the sidelights and front foglights on.

Really though, what the hell is that about?

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 23/11/05 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
cos it looks cool lee, they need people to know they dont have the bottom spec car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.