Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 Gearbox
Tim K

posted on 28/2/06 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Type 9 Gearbox

I am new to the car building game and am rebuilding a Moss with a 2.0l Pinto. Gear selection between 1st, 3rd and reverse was totally arbitrary when I brought the car home - making traffic lights particularly interesting - does any one know where I might find a reasonable replacement Type 9 gearbox ?? (in the Nottingham area) - or at least I think its a type 9 - photo may help someone to confirm it for me!! Rescued attachment PICT0020.JPG
Rescued attachment PICT0020.JPG

iceman26

posted on 28/2/06 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
yes it is a type 9 box
Tim K

posted on 28/2/06 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for confirmation - all I need now is to find a reasonable one!
NS Dev

posted on 28/2/06 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
What's wrong with that one? Worth checking it over. I am near Leicester and have a big pile of type 9 bits, as well as a box or two but I'd rather hang onto the complete ones. If it's internals (sounds like a simple selector or detent problem to me) then I have plenty, if you can work out what you need and can collect, then they are free.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Tim K

posted on 28/2/06 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer - My problem is that I dont know what is wrong! - this is my first time tinkering - and I hav found myself out of my depth on this one.
j_davis

posted on 28/2/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
If you just want a second-hand one then Albert Looms scrapyard on the outskirts of Derby may be worth a try. Location link
Their stocklist includes two sierras that should have type 9s in, otherwisr they might still have some on the shelf (they did when I went in several months ago)

ned

posted on 28/2/06 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
donorspares might have one...

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.