Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EFI 2.3l Lima/pinto guys in here please
C10CoryM

posted on 28/3/06 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote
EFI 2.3l Lima/pinto guys in here please

Hey guys,

Wondering if you can clear some things up for me. The engine I plan on using in my locost is an EFI 2.3L Lima from a 1990 mustang. Not because I like it, but because its what I have . Now that I removed my plugged convertors it will spin the tires into 2nd on my heavy mustang so should be enough for a locost.
Anyone installed an EFI one of theses in a locost?
From what I have seen it would appear Europe got the 2.0L pinto, then went to the duratec 2.3L?
I know the 2.3L lima is very similar to the 2.0l pinto, but the pinto was never efi here (I think) and there was no TBI 2.3Ls.

I know I am going to have to modify the intake to fit under a hood. It runs from the head and up over the valve cover. What I had in mind was to turn the plenum between throttle body and the intake 90degrees and shorten it a bit. Either that or cut the hood.
Anyhow, I would love to see pics of any pinto or 2.3L lima powered locosts but especially EFI ones.

Here is a pic of the stock 2.3L in cause it helps clear up what engine I have.
Cheers. Rescued attachment 4bang.jpg
Rescued attachment 4bang.jpg

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 28/3/06 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
I think "Dale" on here is using a lima turbo?

Certainly supposed to be very similar to the pinto (same block??) but that's as much as I know!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

NS Dev

posted on 28/3/06 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
yep here ya go!

[img][/img]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

C10CoryM

posted on 30/3/06 at 03:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dev.

I think I emailed Dale a while back asking him a few questions. He was kind enough to send some advice my way.

I know there is no way it will fit under the hood stock as I think most guys fight to fit carbed valve/cam covers underhood.
Oh well, I will sort it out.
Thanks again.

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.