Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford T-5 shifter extension
zetec7

posted on 28/4/06 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ford T-5 shifter extension

Just finished building a shift extension for my T-5 (attached to a Zetec 2.0) and it works perfectly. I designed it on AutoCAD first, then built it. If anyone is interested (and I can figure out how to do it) I can post the CAD drawing and photos.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trialsman

posted on 28/4/06 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
If that T5 is the same as a US T5 then I would love the drawings, Russ
zetec7

posted on 28/4/06 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in Canada, so it is a North American-spec T-5 (non-world class, althjough I don't think that matters). The extension itself is made of 1/4" X 1" steel flatbar, and some DOM (drawn-over-mandrel) tubing for the shifter cup. I'll attach a few photos to my archive. I wanted mine removeable, so what fits intop the original shifter cup is a bicycle-neck-style expander I made of DOM tubing, a bolt, and a nut. Works great, holds tight, but you can get it out in 5 sec.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec7

posted on 28/4/06 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
I've posted the drawing and photos on my archive. Here's the drawing, anyway... Rescued attachment T5 shift ext.jpg
Rescued attachment T5 shift ext.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.