Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: i am trying to find a brace of webers 40`s
bendechair@hotmail.com

posted on 11/5/02 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
i am trying to find a brace of webers 40`s

has anyone got or does anyone know of where i can find some twin 40`s i am in desperate need for my x-flow. i don`t mind rebuilding them or cleaning them. a reasonable price

i also have a stainless scuttle to part exchange if interested. and a down draft 32/36 on manifold.

andya

posted on 12/5/02 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
You and me both mate!!!!
locodude

posted on 12/5/02 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys
Try www.raceparts.co.uk theres usually one or two sets for sale on there or one of the best places is classic ford magazine in the ads or classifieds. BTW don't forget Dellortos, they're just as good if not better than webers and usually slightly cheaper!
Chris PTM

bob

posted on 12/5/02 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Also try www.classics.co.uk
Plnty to choose from on there.

Simon Mc

posted on 12/5/02 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Another chap at work has a sylva. He apparently has a couple of spare sets of 40's. One set are webbers the other dellorto's. His cars running a x-flow but im do know if they include the manifold.I'll see how much he wants for them.
StuartA

posted on 13/5/02 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Eveyone seems to be asking this question. Have a look at the 'carbs' post in the 'For Sale' section. My 'co-builder' AndyD has already replied to that but basically we just picked up a pair of DCOMs (nearly the same as DCOEs) from www.ebay.co.uk for £171 including delivery. There are quite a few on there, but be quick coz everyone in here will know about it by now!!!
Bob da builder

posted on 14/5/02 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Be warned if you putting them on a 1300 as i am then gettin a dizzy to fit is a mission!!! i have been trying for bout 3 mts, spent loads of cash and still cant get one to fit!!!
ChrisW

posted on 14/5/02 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
You're putting 40's on a 1300? Why? Surely a single Weber would be better?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bendechair@hotmail.com

posted on 14/5/02 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
how do you know if your x-flow is 1300 or 1600 if you dont know what it came out of are there any clues on the engine.!!!!!!!!!!!
bendechair@hotmail.com

posted on 14/5/02 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
simonmc if you read this i would like to know how much he wants for the delorto`s call me if you get the price 01299271168
Simon Mc

posted on 14/5/02 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Will do when i get into work tomorrow. Also i seem to remember that the 1600 crossflow was taller than the 1300. I was told that if you can fit a few fingers between the head and the water pump (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)then it most likely a 1600, as the 1300 head is very close to the pump. Never tried, however i dont recommend doing this with it running....
Simon Mc

posted on 17/5/02 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
bendechair, gave bill at work your number, and he said he would give you a call.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.