Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: M10 x 1.25 PITCH NUTS
Big Daz

posted on 24/1/07 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
M10 x 1.25 PITCH NUTS

I have discovered that my bike indicators have the unusual thread of M10 x 1.25
So, does anyone have 2 spare nuts with that thread for sale?

Cheers

Daz

Big Daz

posted on 24/1/07 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent Mark, Cheers very much

Tonight looks like it could be the big night re ECU

Darren

David Jenkins

posted on 24/1/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
That's not a rare thread - it's "metric fine". It's just that the stuff you get in the shops is usually "metric coarse".

Any decent industrial fastener supplier should be able to sell you some, if you end up having to buy some. One supplier I do know has metric fine is Clerkenwell Screws, London, as that's where I wandered in to get mine!

HTH
David

BTW: I find that motorbike shops/garages are good places for stuff like this...

[Edited on 24/1/07 by David Jenkins]

Big Daz

posted on 24/1/07 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, I realise its not uncommon, I have coarse 1.5 and ultrafine 1.0 nuts here at work but no 1.25 (and no taps to make 1.0 into a rough 1.25 )
I think a lot of eastern origin stuff uses fine threads as I recall my Subaru had a good few also.
The problem is only needing 2, postage is 5x the cost of the parts It goes against the locost grain

Darren

02GF74

posted on 24/1/07 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
your indicators are probalby like this:
indicator about to be fitted
indicator about to be fitted

Can't remember for sure but reckon mine are a push fit into the tubes so I am not using the nuts hence in theroy I should have 2 knocking round, if I can find them .....

David Jenkins

posted on 24/1/07 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daz
Yep, I realise its not uncommon, I have coarse 1.5 and ultrafine 1.0 nuts here at work but no 1.25 (and no taps to make 1.0 into a rough 1.25 )

Sorry! Didn't realise you already knew the difference! The expression "Teaching granny to suck eggs" comes to mind...
quote:

I think a lot of eastern origin stuff uses fine threads as I recall my Subaru had a good few also.
The problem is only needing 2, postage is 5x the cost of the parts It goes against the locost grain

Many of the Japanese makers use the different types properly, according to needs. Us general public find it harder to get the parts...

I know what you mean about delivery charges - it's a PITA to have to pay a huge minimum P&P for just a few items. Vehicle Wiring Products are bad for this, when all you want is a few connectors (but I also understand why they do it).

rgds,
David

Big Daz

posted on 24/1/07 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
02GF74 - Yes ours are similar except we are not using an extension, fixed directly to the nosecone, hence the need for the nuts

David - LOL Yep for my sins I am a Mech Engineer, if I had a lathe with threading capabilities I would make some myself

Darren

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.