Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Throttle Cable
Pdlewis

posted on 4/2/07 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Throttle Cable

Hello,

After much hunting i found a throttle cable which should have fitted my 32/36 webber with correct fittings at each end. So I excitedly went into the garage today and fitted it with the hope of a sneaky run up the road, but it was not to be.

Once on everything looked ok apart from the sprung section od the cable which seems to be bigger than the gap (see picture below:

Image deleted by owner

Sample fitted
Sample fitted

The effect of this is there is no tention o nthe pedle as i see it there are 2 options

1. find a cable which will do the job better (although i on my 3rd problem with buying of ebay so is turning a bit expensive)

2. Attach a spring to the pedle

If option 2 is the best can anyone suggest what to get and where to get it from ?

John Bonnett

posted on 4/2/07 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, can you enlarge the gap by modifying the bracket that locates the outer.

John

RichieW

posted on 4/2/07 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Cant you screw in or out threaded plastic part on the throttle cable? This has the effect of lengthening or shortening the spring part as it will allow it to be compressed or slackened.

Its dead easy to fabricate a new mounting bracket. I have managed to do one myself out of three mill plate and you can obviously make the distance between the flange where the cable is retained and the circular hole that the rod goes through as long as you like.

The standard weber part has 75 mill between the centre of the circular hole for the rod to the flange where the cable mounts to the square hole.

I haven't sorted out any pedals yet or finished my chassis yet so you are starting to make me worry that I haven't made the bracket correctly now.

RichieW

posted on 4/2/07 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
This is my effort. The white plastic part of the cable screws in and out and gives a little bit of adjustment.
[img]http:// [/img]

[Edited on 4/2/07 by RichieW]

Pdlewis

posted on 4/2/07 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Good idea, bit of a blond day to day!!

All i need do is cut part way down the bracket and bolt in a small section to extend it!!

jollygreengiant

posted on 4/2/07 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pdlewis
Good idea, bit of a blond day to day!!

All i need do is cut part way down the bracket and bolt in a small section to extend it!!

Just try turning the HEXAGONAL nut section first, I think that you will find it is screwed fully in at the moment.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Pdlewis

posted on 4/2/07 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
jollygreengiant

I did try that but then i had no travell at all on the actual pedle

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.