Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Darrens gone missing again
Nick321

posted on 6/3/07 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
Darrens gone missing again

So wheres the rest of my kit Darren? this has dragged on for long enough now, four months will be up soon!!
robertst

posted on 6/3/07 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
dude, just check the previous posts here. you may have gotten the clue that he doesnt read posts in locostbuilders anymore because of this very reason.

why dont you try calling him instead? it's really easy to just post stuff rather than actually talking to him.

i have a five month delay and i dont lash out here hoping to get any form of consolation or reply. it has been done too many times already... trust me

Tom

Mr Whippy

posted on 6/3/07 at 01:22 AM Reply With Quote
gaaah not another one off these threads
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
damien

posted on 6/3/07 at 05:46 AM Reply With Quote
why dont you go up there (or down there depending on where you live) your find any suplyer seems to take a different tone with you when you see them face to face

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

scotmac

posted on 6/3/07 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:
Originally posted by Nick321
So wheres the rest of my kit Darren? this has dragged on for long enough now, four months will be up soon!!

You know if your that stupid to not read the goings on, on this forum before posting then you are obviously just a tad more than stupid and deserve every delay you get.

Yes, it is dumb to think that he will get a response by posting here. However, it is relevant to post the amount of service received from GTS....or lack there of. In fact, there was recently a bunch of posts saying how they were providing better service and were trying to be more responsive. Gotta post both the positive and negative. Useful to know if GTS has gone back to their "normal" level of service and responsiveness.

designer

posted on 6/3/07 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
I am sure that Darren will still read this forum.

It's only natural, as a business man, to keep in touch with the scene you work in.

He will read, but not post.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smuty

posted on 6/3/07 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Ive just had some parts delivered that i ordered of his web site within 2 days, and a long email explaining why hes had some delays, give the guy a chance.
bodger

posted on 6/3/07 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Ive just had some parts delivered that i ordered of his web site within 2 days, and a long email explaining why hes had some delays, give the guy a chance.

4 months!! How much of a chance does he need.?
If you advertise goods/ a service then you've got to be able to deliver. Talk to trading standards.
Talk to trading standards.

mookaloid

posted on 6/3/07 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

We're not really interested

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

robertst

posted on 6/3/07 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bodger
quote:

If you advertise goods/ a service then you've got to be able to deliver. Talk to trading standards.

Alas! Behold thy reason why Darren is trying to steer away from the locost scene.

Tom

DarrenW

posted on 6/3/07 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Dont bother posting on here about it. You wont get any assistance for reasons already explained.

Only you know the truth about how you have tried contacting GTS etc. Either go there direct, call again or try a polite solicitors letter if you genuinely feel youve reached the end of the line.

I know how you must feel as i would be well narked waiting far longer than the quoted leadtime but to be honest you are better off trying other communication methods. If you feel the contract has irretrievably broken down a simple letter requesting 7days to rectify the situation should be enough, then you can get your money back and perhaps go elsewhere.

JP32

posted on 6/3/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Boring Topic!
wesley_uk2k

posted on 6/3/07 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
It may be boring to some, but is quite annoying/concerning to others. When people have paid out good money and have no way of contact its very frustrating. The landline isn't working (has either been cut off or has a fault) and Darren can't answer his mobile everytime as he'd never get anything done. I wouldn't even mind if there was an answer machine, at least then it could be checked at less busy times.

I myself am waiting for parts, and have chosen not to start a topic to rant about it, but please don't shout down people that do.

andyps

posted on 6/3/07 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:

You know if your that stupid to not read the goings on, on this forum before posting then you are obviously just a tad more than stupid and deserve every delay you get.

So because you think if someone is stupid poor service to them is justified? Surely that is not right. I agree that reading other posts in this section would show that it is not the way to get them delivered quickly and other alternatives should be used. Also, a post like this as the third post from a forum member can be mis-construed. However, would making the same post on the GTS forum get it resolved, or would the post be moderated?

It is understandable that spmene may wish to say that things do not appear to have improved from a service perspective despite the promises made, if they felt that way. This is a public forum and that is what happens. Just don't expect Darren to rush an order out because of a post here - it has been recorded and proved that it doesn't work.

[Edited on 6/3/07 by andyps]

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

DarrenW

posted on 6/3/07 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
I would say it is totally understandable for people to be frustrated and want to publicise the fact. The only thing publicising this particular issue is that it has been said so many times before therefore the suggestion is to try another line of tact.
It is clear that some people are getting reasonable service so there must be a way to do it and such advice has been posted several times before.

I certainly wouldnt want to be eperiencing these problems myself and this si the main reason why i opt to use other suppliers. If you feel GTS is your best option then im afraid the onus is on you to persue that along official channels.

Nick321

posted on 7/3/07 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
Darren brings on his own problems by bullshiting, perhaps if he was more honest people wouldnt get so annoyed
Nick321

posted on 7/3/07 at 12:46 AM Reply With Quote
re robertst

If your waiting for stuff you should push him.

A company sells all its demonstrator cars for one reason!
He might tell you hes investing the money in another project or is he going under - I can say one thing I wouldnt trust what he had to say..

So what do you want to do wait until hes gone bust and loose your money!

flak monkey

posted on 7/3/07 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
If your waiting for stuff you should push him.

A company sells all its demonstrator cars for one reason!
He might tell you hes investing the money in another project or is he going under - I can say one thing I wouldnt trust what he had to say..

So what do you want to do wait until hes gone bust and loose your money!

GTS has sold demonstrators previously, the Black Panther being the first. The one GTS are now selling is actually Rally Designs cars I believe (hence why its advertised on the Rally Design site. And I think you will find other manufacturers have also sold demonstrators in the past, its not a crime, nor a suggestion that they need the money/going bust. I would politely suggest you keep your spurious suggestions to yourself.

The following has been said before, and as such is old news:

As others have said, if you have let it drag on for that long its your own fault. I think the longest I have ever waited for anything was 6 weeks (for some custom made bits), which I was quite happy with. But usually get parts in a fortnight. I find a quick call (yes I usually get through 1st or 2nd time) to ask how the parts are coming on serves as a reminder.

GTS are in the process of a sort out, no doubt the changes will take a while to filter through - things like moving fabrication in house will solve a lot of the long lead time issues as its then under their control. They are also involved with several race teams/series around the world. So if you cant get hold of them it might just be that they are in a meeting with one of the teams, or securing another new deal somewhere.

I know GTS have many happy customers, who havent needed to wait months for parts. Several people on this site for a start, some who keep quiet, others who dont.

Sure, other companies seem to have a better reputation for timely supply and if speed of delivery is critical to you then I would suggest you go elsewhere. But if you like the GTS stuff and are prepared to wait and possibly make a couple of reminder calls to them, then go with it.

Its not impossible to get parts from GTS, otherwise I wouldnt have a car at all. Some people just seem to think it is.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

flak monkey

posted on 7/3/07 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
Also, a post like this as the third post from a forum member can be mis-construed. However, would making the same post on the GTS forum get it resolved, or would the post be moderated?

The GTS OC forum's moderated, but only to stop stupidity that often arises on here. But it's not being vetted to make sure only good stuff gets posted. There are 2 or 3 threads from people wanting parts, and I am not going to delete them.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Fred W B

posted on 7/3/07 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

as they have little better to do.....

Pot...... Kettle..........

Cheers

Fred W B

tks

posted on 7/3/07 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
mhhh

i think its a personal descision to post.

and if someone isn't interested then i suggest not to post a message...
or just not to read it... its public after all.

i had the same problems with the OLD luego. They had teeething problems...was told me... i recieved luckily me allot on the first deliver (they had to do this because of the distance). but i was without shocks,pedals,brake MC, steering rach enlarger.. etc. etc. for months, i just kept mailing him and phoned a couple of times.

its a bad thing economy wise if you cant work effective, costst of sending stuff out only raise if you send it out in more collie.
and people start to get nervous soon.

my kit was complety brougth using mail it was a strange 6weeks after deposit...

My opinion is also that or you are car manufacture or you are offering raceteam assistance (after all its a small comp not??)... don't you think it isn't fare to have depts on people? for x months?

My opinion

p.d. in my opinion you cant take new orders on if you have outstanding ones for 4 months!!

Regards,

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

scotmac

posted on 7/3/07 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robertst
quote:
Originally posted by bodger
quote:

Alas! Behold thy reason why Darren is trying to steer away from the locost scene.

Right...because he doesn't like people pointing out his shortcomings.

andyps

posted on 7/3/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
Also, a post like this as the third post from a forum member can be mis-construed. However, would making the same post on the GTS forum get it resolved, or would the post be moderated?

The GTS OC forum's moderated, but only to stop stupidity that often arises on here. But it's not being vetted to make sure only good stuff gets posted. There are 2 or 3 threads from people wanting parts, and I am not going to delete them.

Thanks for the answer clarifying that. I asked as a non-GTS owner, and therefore not a GTS OC forum member.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.