Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Some good news for a change
flak monkey

posted on 15/3/07 at 09:56 PM
Some good news for a change

I notice Darrens got a new GTS shop up online, and according to some sources, the sort out at GTS is nearly finished.

GTS Tuning Shop

I hope this investment in new facilities and more staff marks a turn around for GTS in customer service at least.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

matt.c

posted on 15/3/07 at 09:58 PM
Im heading for cover!

DRC INDY 7

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:00 PM
I have my coat on ready

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

Confused but excited.

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:08 PM
Pop corn and umbrella ready!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Nick321

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:18 PM
Its all well n good building a new look web site! But what about the customers who have lashed out on his products and received nothing or some of it!!!

Surely if you buy a kit and get good service you will then be a repeat customer. I see it as a gimick for a (I will take ur cash and you can wait months for your stuff). He wants to sort the problems he has at the moment instead of building more problems!!!!!!

Agriv8

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:20 PM
good - another customer focused supplier is a good thing.

Fingers crossed that the corner has been turned.

regardless of our chosen supplier we are all very similar in our chosen hobby. I am sure at some point in the future when mr brown comes to power and works out a TAx or outlaw our hobby we will need to stick together.

Right that was far too deep and meaningful so ------- got mi popcorn who's going to light the blue touch paper

TTFN Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

MikeR

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:27 PM
mind if i share the pop corn. I've got some nice Aspalls cider i've just opened or some Leff in the fridge.
MikeR

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:28 PM
oooh, touch paper lit.

Well done that man, i always enjoy a good fireworks show. Got a mate with an explosives display license - always puts on a good show.

Anyone got hotdogs or mulled wine?

flak monkey

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:28 PM
OK, let me explain for those who dont know, or dont care (if you are the second, dont bother reading any further):

GTS have currently been doubling up on tooling for producing parts due to demand, and also taking on extra staff to cope with this, whilst also moving the manufacture of parts inhouse. This should reduce lead times to customers (though it clearly states on the website that there is a 28day delivery on some items) and also improve customer service and communications. This sort out has resulted in some delays on certain items in the past few weeks which should now be starting to be rectified.

Now, let me say this, I have had excellent service from all of the manufactuers I have dealt with:
MNR
Mac 1
MK Engineering
and GTS.
All have supplied me with parts for my car, and all have been of excellent quality and delivered when promised, without fail. I am also very happy to help people building any of the different marques cars, at the end of the day they are all the same, and will alway do my utmost to help where I can.

I will also say this, yes it can be difficult to get hold of Darren @ GTS at times. However up until recently Darren was running the company almost single handedly, so you just cant take time to answer every phone call and email, and if you have ever been to the GTS workshop, and spent some time with Darren you will realise his phone is ringing almost incessantly. If i try to phone him perhaps 3 times in a day and dont get through, then I try again the next day. People seem to think that he is ignoring them or whatever, this simply cannot be the case. GTS have very many satisfied customers, from all over the world. As is the norm with the current society, people only shout when the have a problem, and not when they have got good service.

I am not making excuses, and I do sympathise with those who have a genuine problem getting parts from any supplier. We are all well aware of some of the problems that GTS have faced in the past, and hopefully through the recent restructuring many of these problems will have been solved. The only way to find out is to wait and see what happens in the next few months.

David

[Edited on 15/3/07 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

MikeR

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:30 PM
pssst. Flak when did you notice it was opened?

(come on, i'm just fanning the flames, can't have a good fireworks display without a roaring bombfire )

matt.c

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:32 PM
Blimey, you type fast!!

Hellfire

posted on 15/3/07 at 10:49 PM
Thing is, we've seen all these promises before from GTS. Words are cheap but I guess only time will tell.

I can't understand why Darren is unwilling to contribute to become a registered trader on here. Maybe he doesn't think he'd generate many sales from us tight gits but unless he tries it for a year or so, he'll never know. Even if it doesn't prove to be beneficial financially, it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

GTS has some good products to offer Locostbuilders, it's just a shame he may never realise their full potential.

I really do hope that GTS has turned a corner and what better way to show his good intentions than to contribute and become a registered trader.

Just my thoughts.

Phil

[Edited on 15-3-07 by Hellfire]

Hellfire

posted on 15/3/07 at 11:13 PM
Did somebody say something?........

Phil

Hellfire

posted on 15/3/07 at 11:22 PM
It was a question NOT a statement (Note use of question mark) Therefore a question, as in "Did somebody type something?".......

Phil

Hellfire

posted on 15/3/07 at 11:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Did somebody type something??.......

Phil

f*ck me your blind as well as stupid mate, you should get yourself down the opticians you should mate...

mind you they do say too much or a certain activity does make you blind and your a prime candidate for that too.

[Edited on 15/3/07 by CaLviNx]

Can we have less of the 'mate' please. I aint no friend of yours and I certainly wouldn't like to f*ck you... at least not in the way you'd want..... Wierdo......

Phil

Hellfire

posted on 15/3/07 at 11:45 PM
Nope, I'm not the sharpest tool. But one thing is for certain - you're definitely the biggest tool on this forum..........

Phil

craig1410

Come on guys, keep it civil...

As I said on the other thread before it was deleted, I think everyone deserves a second chance. Darren should recognise that this forum is very important within the kit car community and he would do well to get folks here on-side. Not everyone will give him a second chance but most will I think and before you know where you are he will become one of the perceived "good guys". I've had my gripes about delivery in the past but life's too short to hold grudges and looking back now, it wasn't that bad really.

What concerns me much more on this forum is the way that a little bit of banter seems to be allowed to degenerate into full-on personal attacks. It never used to be that way several years ago when I first joined but it seems to be more and more common. It's a bit like a rowdy bar at times!

I think we need to show a bit more respect for each other and our opinions whether we agree with each other or not and exercise a bit more self-discipline.

Just my 2p worth - take it or leave it.
Cheers,
Craig.

MikeR

Oooooooooooh

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

[fizzle]

damn, always one firework that doesn't quite go as you'd expect.

Anyone want any popcorn, still got some toffee and salted left.

gazza285

posted on 15/3/07 at 11:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I will also say this, yes it can be difficult to get hold of Darren @ GTS at times.

Not according to CaLviNx, you MUST be doing it WRONG to not get a quick service Flak.

Hellfire, I'm afraid you are wrong too, tools are useful.

ps.
No personal gripe against Darren at all, just against the "tools" that defend him, without prejudice obviously, against attack without the full knowledge of the facts, and with the full extent of their knowledge of the language.

[Edited on 15/3/07 by gazza285]

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.