Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego's At Stoneleigh.
jollygreengiant

posted on 8/5/07 at 02:18 AM Reply With Quote
Luego's At Stoneleigh.

Well, I personally would like to thank ALL of you that did manage to get to Stoneleigh, despite the rain. I think that you ALL put up a great effort. So thanks for being there and making it a great show for our group.

I have posted a wadge of photo's in my archive and I will link them into here when I have the last couple posted. I have got my son to blott the number plates but he missed one, that will have to wait till tonight.

I appologise now for the fact that I have a terrible memory and there were more cars there than I expected to be quite honest, so if you do look and see your car u2u me the pic no and your name then I will edit the tag suitably to match those that I have already done, or, conversely, if you don't like the tag I've done, then tell me. Oh and here's a right bunch of villians, plotting as usual.

Barbeque plotters
Barbeque plotters

[Edited on 8/5/07 by jollygreengiant]

[Edited on 9/5/07 by jollygreengiant]
Stoneleigh 2007, Sunday
Stoneleigh 2007, Sunday

[Edited on 9/5/07 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

piddy

posted on 8/5/07 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you for arranging the plot so we could get all the cars together in one area.

What an improvement over last years Luego presents at Stoneleigh.
I believe there was only three last year.
I counted eleven on the Luego owners plot
Sunday, plus six on Monday Three on the plot, three elsewhere.

Roll on Newark

jollygreengiant

posted on 8/5/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Over the entire weekend I managed a running count of 15 Luego's driven to and placed on the stand. Hopefully we shall do even better at Newark. Details of which I shall start organising asap.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

piddy

posted on 8/5/07 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.
I can identify the owners of another three more of the pictures for you.
1. Is Mike Shearing’s
8. Is Kristin Anderson’s
12. Is mine Martin Pidd (Piddy)

[Edited on 8/5/07 by piddy]

wilkingj

posted on 8/5/07 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
BIG THANKS to Jolly GG for organising the weekend.
It went down well.
I almost got home in the dry, 6 miles from home it caught me up and droped a small cloudfull on me. Got soaked. Mever mind, I was home shortly afterwards.

Most enjoyable... Roll on Newark.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 8/5/07 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks JGG had a great time , pity about the weather and the snoring.Look forward to Newark.
Sorry Geoff had to shoot off , glad you didn't get too wet .

dsapsfo1

posted on 8/5/07 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Photo number 3 would be mine - Dan Sapsford
jcs

posted on 8/5/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to JGG for arranging the site - nice to see so many Luegos in one place. By the way Photo 11 is my Velocity XT - John Strong from OXON.

Thnaks again

Paradoxia0

posted on 8/5/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
It was a great day and a good effort by JGG to get the stand. It was great to see the finished Vientos togehter to give me a little inspiration on mine. And it gave us somewhere to track Ben down to have a chat with too.

One of your photos is marred slightly by having me in it... I have killed for less you know

And a very big thankyou to Dave J for spending some time with me discussing how he has got around a few of the issues I am currently facing with mine. I think I have got them about sussed now.

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

Kaz

posted on 8/5/07 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
A fantastic show of Luego's at Stoneleigh

Hi
Just wanted to let you all know how proud we are at the turn out of finished cars at Stoneleigh this year, if only we had been there to see it, they all look absolutly brilliant and even though we couldn't be there it made us remember the great times we've had with you at shows.
So thanks
Matt & Kaz ( x Luego)

mark-wiring

posted on 8/5/07 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Was good to meet you all just a shame our chassis was not ready but oh well see you all at Newark
jollygreengiant

posted on 9/5/07 at 03:06 AM Reply With Quote
ALL those that made it to our stand (bar one which went off to get sold before I took photo's) are now in the archive. oh and the plotters are where they should be on my first posting.

Thanks again to all that made it and to those that didn't, theres always Newark and Stoneleigh next year (the latter one unless I win the lottery is likely to be me).

Dave J

posted on 9/5/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent day out. Thanks to JGG for sorting the stand and the piccies in his archive, mines picture 14 BTW. Can't think of a snappy description, any suggestions gratefully accepted ....Dave's........(insert here)....keep it clean!!

Great to meet up with everyone and again with those that made Newark and Donnington last year.

See you all on the 16th-17th June (Newark)

All the best

Dave

jollygreengiant

posted on 9/5/07 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave J
....Dave's........(insert here)....

Diamond. Its well hard.

Dave J

posted on 9/5/07 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm Dave's Diamond...that has a certain ring to it (sorry)
I like it

Thanks

Dave

perci

posted on 10/5/07 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
agree with everyone else really... thanks to JGG for getting us a plot and making it a great show for us all-good to finally get all our lurvly luego's together!
soz we nipd off without saying bye - see a break in the clouds & went for it... made it home dry,ish!

looking forward to newark... see you all there rain or shine?! bec&pete

phil4521

posted on 10/5/07 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Stonleigh

THanks for organising this- really enjoyed meeting eveyone and the amazing quality of work put into the cars- determined to get my Viento done for next year- lets hope the new owner delivers the promise and cant wait to hear the Viper powered monster....Phil Williams
richard thomas

posted on 12/5/07 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
No. 2 is mine.

Thanks all for a good day, well done Clive for all you did. Just a pity I couldn't stay overnight.

Hopefully be able to at Newark.

Lovely looking cars in the Pics, glad the dirt didn't show up on the one of mine

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.