Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone been to Prague this year
DarrenW

posted on 21/8/07 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone been to Prague this year

I want to take wife to Prague for long anniversary weekend. I went about 4 years ago for stag weekend - loved it. Beer and food was very cheap.

Anyone been this year for couples weekend. I want a good hotel? What do you recommend? Is it still generally quite cheap (i remember between 70p a pint in town bar up to £1.30 in hotel.)

rayward

posted on 21/8/07 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
prices have gone up, quite a lot,

expect to pay £2 a pint upwards in old town square, between £1 and £2 a pint in the "local" bars.

do a search for hotelsanmarcopalace on google,

pretty close to wensceslas square, about £40 a night for a double room

hth

Ray

D Beddows

posted on 22/8/07 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
We're doing exactly that next Thursday for Mrs Bedddows' 40th birthday (laughing me? no, actually I daren't ) Will let you know what it's like nowadays

02GF74

posted on 22/8/07 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
As the former Eastern Bloc countires have ioined the EU, excpert the prices to have gone up - Estonia was quite a shock (to the wallet!)
benji106

posted on 22/8/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
I just got back on Sunday, still seems very cheap to me, away from the main tourist drag pints can still be found for 70p. In tescos pilsner and starrapomen are about 25p for a .5l bottle with the cheapest being about 8p. The cheapest beer I found in a pub was about 35p but that was in a little town outside of Prague.

-Everything in excess-

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 22/8/07 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
girlfriend got purse nicked in Prague a coupla years ago. Could happen anywhere i know but be extra careful

[Edited on 22/8/07 by scotlad]

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

DarrenW

posted on 22/8/07 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
I went 3 or 4 years back on a stag weekend. A sensible one not being silly. Most bars were less than £1 a pint, clubs a bit more. Hotels maybe £1.30 at the time. i recall food was goodly priced.

We did venture into a locals bar one night - as soon as we stepped foot in it a guy at the bar just pointed to the door and all fell eerily quiet - so we left Ive no desire to venture off the beaten tourist track if on an anniversary holiday, mind you we arent into pub crawls so probs wont need to.

Wife was looking at Hilton hotels last night approx £450 for the weekend Flights didnt seem overly cheap either but then Friday to Sunday is always the most expensive iirc.

Im not too bothered if beer is £2 a pint but dont want to be spending astronomical Paris money for a weekend away. Looking forward to getting a bottle of absynth as well.

David Jenkins

posted on 22/8/07 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Looking forward to getting a bottle of absynth as well.

You know what they say - absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

I'll get me coat...

DarrenW

posted on 19/9/07 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
has anyone been in the last couple of weeks? What do you recommend to do if only there for 2 nights as a couple?

They do use the Euro now dont they?

Do airport taxi's rip you off? What is a fair rate from airport to Wenceslas square?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.