Board logo

Petrol Stations & Jerry Cans
ShaunB - 15/8/11 at 11:58 AM

My local petrol station has just put up a sign saying that they will only sell fuel going into vehicles not jerry cans, apparently it's a Police request following the recent riots. So don't leave getting your Silvestone race fuel to the last minute folks, it could be a bit tricky this time round!

Having said that I have just spoken to Silvestone and they will have fuel available, I asked the lady to make sure their tanks were full as I suspect they might be popular this time.

Cheers,
Shaun.

alistairolsen - 15/8/11 at 12:08 PM

So whip the pipe off the fuel rail, short out the pump relay and empty the tank into cans then go fill it again

eddie99 - 15/8/11 at 12:15 PM

Yup i got questioned getting fuel the other night but i happened to have a trailer with the car in the back, so they said it was fine!

balidey - 15/8/11 at 12:19 PM

I put mine in milk bottles then stuff a bit of rag in the end. Much easier to carry than a fully jerry can.

onenastyviper - 15/8/11 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by balidey
I put mine in milk bottles then stuff a bit of rag in the end. Much easier to carry than a fully jerry can.

and they make excellent easy light, emergency candles for when the electricty runs out. Able to light up whole streets.

off-road-ham - 15/8/11 at 01:37 PM

So, how long can this last given the amount of people that drive deisals that want petrol for form lawnmowers etc.
Will this create a blackmarket.
"Get your jerry can of petrol here, only £5 per litre"

Andy D - 15/8/11 at 01:46 PM

I filled two cans last Friday, on the way to Oulton, and there were comments made in the check-out.. You would hope they see reason if you have a race car on a trailer though..

Stuart_B - 15/8/11 at 01:47 PM

i pretty sure that your are allowed to fill up max 2, 5litres plastic fuel containers, that is it. as i fill up plastic and metal 20litre jerry cans all the time by hiding them. i have been stopped from filling them up a few times, but i go alone with what they can not see, will not do anybody any harm.

stu

watsonpj - 15/8/11 at 03:39 PM

Surely your safe with A Jerry can fine you can stuff a cloth in the top but trying to lob then any distance would be pretty difficult

mad4x4 - 15/8/11 at 04:52 PM

if they won't sell fuel them ask to borrow a tea towel and buy a lighter.....