Board logo

headlights
gavinpurvis - 2/5/11 at 05:12 PM

Hi
My car failed its mot on the headlights (fortunately) we know the mot guy and he gave me the cert on the basis i go back with some better headlights? What headlights are peeps using and where do you get them from?

cheers

Ben_Copeland - 2/5/11 at 05:29 PM

Why did it fail? Did you pass SVA/IVA with them?

[Edited on 2/5/11 by Ben_Copeland]

Hellfire - 2/5/11 at 07:46 PM

When it comes to lights, I believe you get what you pay for and when it comes to value for money and customer service, there is no better supplier than S-V-C in my opinion. Superb lights and superb service.

Phil

[Edited on 2-5-11 by Hellfire]

Nitrogeno25 - 24/8/11 at 04:39 AM

I've just installed a set of 7" headlamps from SVC, the look very good but when I drive the car they shake badly and although the light output is very good it is not good to see the light shaking when driving!

Does anybody experience this?

Ben_Copeland - 24/8/11 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrogeno25
I've just installed a set of 7" headlamps from SVC, the look very good but when I drive the car they shake badly and although the light output is very good it is not good to see the light shaking when driving!

Does anybody experience this?

What are they mounted too? Is the mounting moving? If not are the lights fixed securely? There will be an amount of bounce, but not a great deal. Suppose it depends how sturdily they are made.

andyfiggy2002 - 24/8/11 at 06:41 AM

you know you don't necessarily have to have headlights to pass the MOT but if they are fitted they must work, its called a daylight MOT & i don't have them as all my driving is on sunny dry days