Board logo

CBR1000F water hose
skidude88 - 2/8/06 at 10:28 PM

Any CBR1000 BECers or (anyone else for that matter) - shed light on how you got round the following?

On the photo attached (front view) :-

Blue line - indicates the top of the Radiator.

Whoever built her has had to put horrible bends in both the in and out hoses, as the engine connections curve up (shiny chrome - circled in green).

The result is the two water flexi hoses have approx 3" (in height) for air to gather!

Current cooling system is just an overflow/expansion bottle - (ie no header tank)

water hose FJ
water hose FJ

[Edited on 2/8/06 by skidude88]

Coose - 3/8/06 at 07:22 AM

What you need is this .

I have one on my R1 Striker at the highest point of the cooling system. It works a treat!

pdw709 - 3/8/06 at 07:40 AM

Have a look at my set up:

Engine Hose
Engine Hose

Mine does'nt seem to have the same shiney chrome connector, and my coolant hose appears to connect on the other side of the engine block.

I recently (i.e. last month) replaced my engine with no problems so mine was not specifically modified. What age is your CBR1000F? Mines a 1991 'M' variant. If yours is older then you may be looking at an earlier design.

As you can see, i've also got a 'water filler' hose connected at the highest point.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Shandylegs - 3/8/06 at 08:33 AM

Try cutting them down (See attached)....

Ta
Duncan

pdw709 - 3/8/06 at 10:04 AM

Great colour engine!

skidude88 - 3/8/06 at 11:56 AM

Engines an '88

Looks like the water pipes are the opposite side!

Would fitting a water filler resolve both the loops overs? or just the one its attached to?

The engines prob gonna have to come out anyway, oil leak is getting progressively worse - Bl**dy things! -

Dunno if the crome connectors can be rotated down - obviously these would have to be unique to mine!

[Edited on 3/8/06 by skidude88]