Board logo

Coming Soon to ALDI
wilkingj - 28/2/07 at 05:54 PM

Compressor and tools for £59.

OK its not a big one, but still a useful size.
Linky to Compressor

Confused but excited. - 28/2/07 at 07:24 PM

At those prices, I'll have some of the tools methinks!

David Jenkins - 28/2/07 at 07:33 PM

That pneumatic nail/staple gun looks extremely tempting... they're several hundred Pounds everywhere else! And they're selling them for £15! Maybe it won't be prime quality - but I've got a wooden fence to build very soon...

I know where I'm going tomorrow...

David

locoR1 - 28/2/07 at 07:58 PM

At £17.99 I'm going to get the air impact gun was going to borrow one at the weekend anyway and at that price with 10 impact sockets you cant go wrong

Dave..........

Ben_Copeland - 28/2/07 at 08:03 PM

I like the Mixed Perennials............

oh the tools... yes I'll keep an eye out for them !

nib1980 - 28/2/07 at 08:11 PM

I've already been down, there out tonight, got myself the compressor, air drill, and air ratchet £91 in total, and nice quality, just need some oil and paint and I'm away!

blueshift - 28/2/07 at 09:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I'll see if my local has one left tomorrow night.

not that I have space for it. but hey!

scottc - 1/3/07 at 09:49 AM

Just been to mine and they had about 10 in. Well 9 now.

I wanna go home and play but I'm stuck at work

Peteff - 1/3/07 at 12:58 PM

The expensive one is a framing gun, nail and staple guns are a lot less and don't use paper collated nails they use brads or staples. We used to have a framing gun for repairing pallets when I was at the box factory. The staple guns are still handy, I've had an Aldi one for a couple of years and done lots of stuff with it. I get my ammo from Machine Mart

rayward - 1/3/07 at 01:41 PM

guess where i've just been

Image deleted by owner

went to one store, had nothing (all sold yesterday grrr)went to the other one 5 minutes away, had tons of the stuff

cheers for the heads up

Ray

[Edited on 1/3/07 by rayward]

kipper - 1/3/07 at 03:39 PM

Hi ray ,, which Aldi had the tools.
Bev road?????
Regards Kipper.

rayward - 1/3/07 at 03:52 PM

nah they're sold out,

preston road one had loads

Ray

paulf - 1/3/07 at 03:56 PM

I bought the impact gun yesterday and tried it today but am not impressed with it so far.I have a reasonable size compressor with a 75 litre tank, I connected it up at 90 psi and found that it wont even undo the wheel nuts on my car before the pressure drops and cant imagine it making 230 ftlb as rated.My compressor easily runs my die grinder or air chisel, so I assume the 4cfm rating for the impact gun is a bit optimistic or else I have a faulty unit.
It would be interesting to hear how others get on with theres before i take it back for a refund.
Paul.

rayward - 1/3/07 at 04:13 PM

mine works fine with the compressor from aldi.

undid the wheel nuts on the freelander easy.

Ray

PeterW - 1/3/07 at 04:18 PM

Loads left in Sutton in Ashfield - compressors and windy guns.

No drills left tho... Only thing I needed...

Cheers

Pete

blueshift - 1/3/07 at 04:26 PM

Plenty of everything in Milton Keynes at 12pm, got myself a compressor, drill and impact wrench. didn't want to go mental with chisels etc, but I'm sure the bits I don't get will be the bits I want to use.. hey ho.

Addendum: ARSE! the cast T-piece is broken where the regulator feeds the two take-offs, so it's useless. Must have got whacked at some point

and Aldi are shut now.. have to take it back tomorrow night.. dunno if they'll have replacements.

Bum bum bummity bum.

[Edited on 1/3/07 by blueshift]

coozer - 1/3/07 at 09:43 PM

Rushed down to Aldi in Peterlee today thinking they would all be snapped up.

3 compressors and loads, I mean loads of the various tools.

Got me self the compressor, a drill and ratchet sets.

When I got home i showed me missus the flyer, "Oh, look at those Disney plant waterer's" Doh! back off to Aldi in Durham.

5 compressors there tonight and even more tools! Couldn't resist the air chisel as I have some rendering to get off the back of the house sometime, in the distant future!.

[Edited on 1/3/07 by coozer]

907 - 1/3/07 at 11:24 PM

I bought the ratshit today but there's no way it uses 4cfm, more like 10.

One thing p'd me off.
With an air line fitting attached it doesn't go back in the carry case.

Paul G

IainB - 1/3/07 at 11:34 PM

Many thanks for letting us know Geoff, got me some new toys I was convinced it was a bargain when I saw some guy in the car park with 6 compressors!

Iain

Peteff - 2/3/07 at 12:08 AM

Try Somercotes, Alfreton not too far for you. They had loads in today. Ask Sutton to ring through and check for you, they are o.k. usually.

Toady1 - 2/3/07 at 09:09 AM

doah! and ive just put over £400 on my cc for a new mig and comp from sealey!

David Jenkins - 2/3/07 at 09:20 AM

Paulf,

I have an impact gun from somewhere else - it barely works if you connect it to a normal airline. I had to buy a larger-bore pipe to drive it... now it works perfectly.

Pete,

As you say, the nailer is for brads and staples - still, very useful for the sort of stuff I do, although the maximum length brads and staples they included in the box are too long to be useful - I'll have to get some shorter ones.

Paul G,

I had to change the coupler on the back of the nailer, and it JUST fits back in the box - it was a close thing...

At £15 though, it just had to be bought...

Ben_Copeland - 2/3/07 at 11:18 AM

Aldi in Margate everything but the impact gun

But ramsgate had it

Infact both places have loads of compressors and loads of everything else....

Be happy to get stuff for anyone desparate !

[Edited on 2/3/07 by Ben_Copeland]

twybrow - 5/3/07 at 08:41 AM

I got a compressior, ratchet and air chisel. I have only used the chisel for now (works wonders on the kitchen tiles!). Apart from a bit of smoke when first switched on, I am impressed. The manual does quote two completely different levels for the oil - one says above red line, one says in the middle of the line - has any one topped up or just used what came with?

Bluemoon - 5/3/07 at 09:03 AM

The first compressor from I bought from Aldi had no oil in it, so I just filled to half way up the level indicator...

Dan

Ben_Copeland - 5/3/07 at 06:44 PM

I've already had to take mine back. The metal pipe that holds the airline end split.... but they replaced the compressor with a new one! Ended up with 2 lots of extras

ayoungman - 7/3/07 at 04:18 PM

Thamesmead branch has a big stack of everything ! Filled up the trolley !

What oil should be used in the compressor. The manual does not list the type/ specification ?

RichieC - 7/3/07 at 07:35 PM

Does anyone know if this offer continues after tomorrow (Thursday 8th) as the campressor has dissapeared from the site.

Thanks

Rich

andrew.carwithen - 7/3/07 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayoungman
Thamesmead branch has a big stack of everything ! Filled up the trolley !

What oil should be used in the compressor. The manual does not list the type/ specification ?

SAE 30

Andy.

coozer - 7/3/07 at 08:52 PM

I got 1 litre of SIP compressor oil from Halfords.

ayoungman - 9/3/07 at 10:00 PM

thanks fellas, sae 30 it is then. I've gone through the manual several times and can't see the spec for the oil at all.