Board logo

Rear LED lights - slightly odd question!
chrsgrain - 11/2/07 at 07:55 AM

Hi all....

Right, as we've such a range of people on here - someone might know the answer to this!

I've been looking for rear LED lights for ages now, and the best ones I've seen are on the back of all the Tescos lorries! The big warehouse ones and the little deliver to your door jobs have both got them - round face mounted, really bright...

Don't suppose anyone knows where to get them, or who does Tescos coachworks so I can phone them up...

Its either that or request a delivery and distract the driver while I get busy with a screwdriver!

Chris

RazMan - 11/2/07 at 08:06 AM

SVC do them - very nice they are too

Stop/tail £38 per pair
Indicator £45 per pair
Fog £22.50 each
Reverse - don't ask!

RichieC - 11/2/07 at 10:23 AM

The ones I have are used on the back of buses and caravans etc, probably the same as youve seen.
Theyre a regular bulb, the led portion surrounds it.

Ill try and dig out a pic

[Edited on 11/2/07 by RichieC]

ruudbeckers - 11/2/07 at 10:33 AM

Hella do have some nice ones too. Have a look at:

www.hella.com/produktion/HellaDE/WebSite/MiscContent/Download/SpecialOE/Quad_D_TT.pdf

Sorry that it is in german, but you'll get the idea.

richard thomas - 11/2/07 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
SVC do them - very nice they are too

That's where i got mine, they are nice but be warned....the SVA man was not keen on them - they are very bright from directly behind but when viewed from an angle they can be difficult to see. Plus i needed to put a ballast resistor in each indicator circuit to stop them flashing too quickly.

[Edited on 11/2/07 by richard thomas]

RichieC - 11/2/07 at 01:45 PM

These are the Hella ones I use, no problems with viewing angles etc.

Richie