Board logo

possibly oil pressure wiring?
mikegsi - 20/11/10 at 07:28 PM

as per my other post ive been having a dig around the wiring today on my rebuild, noticed a wire hanging under the engine, i think its a oil pressure wire, but i cant seem to see where it would go.

this is where the other wire is attached too, im running a dry sump setup

any ideas where this wire should connect to?

ive not jacked the car up properly to have a good look underneath as yet

marcjagman - 20/11/10 at 07:36 PM

Is it by any chance an earth?

mikegsi - 20/11/10 at 07:45 PM

dont know mate, its just a wire hanging down

i thought it may be something to do with oil pressure as im sure some engine have 2 pressure sensors, theres a seperate light in the dash which im presuming would illuminate if there was an issue with the pressure, and also possibly on startup as a 'self check' but its never lit up yet..

adithorp - 20/11/10 at 07:53 PM

Is it the original BUSA loom (possibly modified for the car) or a custom loom? If it's the BUSA loom can you trace it in the wiring diagram?

mikegsi - 20/11/10 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Is it the original BUSA loom (possibly modified for the car) or a custom loom? If it's the BUSA loom can you trace it in the wiring diagram?

erm, no idea mate

is the wiring diagram hosted on this forum?

Davegtst - 20/11/10 at 08:40 PM

Pretty sure my oil pressure switch wire goes into the busa's standard dash.

mikegsi - 20/11/10 at 08:54 PM

mine has an evodash setup with a 'standalone' light on the dash which im presuming is the oil pressure warning light, but its never illuminated.

whereabouts on yours are the actual oil pressure sensors located? is there just the one or do you have 2?

Davegtst - 20/11/10 at 09:25 PM

There is one on the bottom of the engine pointing downwards on the clutch side.

mikegsi - 20/11/10 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
There is one on the bottom of the engine pointing downwards on the clutch side.

Just the one? The same as per the picture above?

Cheers by the way

norfolkluego - 20/11/10 at 11:31 PM

Seem to remember when I bought a new oil sender unit earlier in the year some have two terminals, one being earth, others have only one and earth through contact with the block, is it possibly a redundant earth after a sender change.

mikegsi - 21/11/10 at 10:45 AM

yeah, im gonna test it as an earth and see if the light comes on then off as it should