Board logo

Can you park your locost as well as this?
02GF74 - 25/6/08 at 07:22 AM

<---- linky

quote:
I saw the woman who drove the jeep and she just looked befuddled, she couldn't really understand what was going on - which is probably understandable enough if you drove a car out over two other cars," he said.

[Edited on 25/6/08 by 02GF74]

ruskino80 - 25/6/08 at 07:38 AM

dear oh dear!

RichardK - 25/6/08 at 07:52 AM

quote:

The BBC spoke to the driver of the Toyota, but he said he was "not in the mood to give interviews".

Mr Whippy - 25/6/08 at 08:01 AM

what is amazing is that she went so fast, if she had been in the right gear perhaps would have ended up in the shop.

Ban her.

andyharding - 25/6/08 at 08:05 AM

I know it's a little funny even though someones pride and joy got bent but what if a child had been on that pavement she drove over!?! Throw the book at her...

eznfrank - 25/6/08 at 08:18 AM

There was a similar report a while ago of a pensioner writing off a couple of Porsches in a similar manner, and what worries me is, is this going on all day every day but it's only when it's a semi-nice-ish car that gets damaged it gets reported? Is the world just full or Metros and Micras perched precariously on top of Mondeos and the like?

[Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank]

[Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank]

ned - 25/6/08 at 08:30 AM

but how fast was she trying to get out of the parking space?!? look at this pic and see how she'd already mounted the kerb and driven a car length before mounting the boxster& celica:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/uk_expensive_gear_confusion/img/2.jpg

02GF74 - 25/6/08 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
There was a similar report a while ago of a pensioner writing off a couple of Porsches in a similar manner, and what worries me is, is this going on all day every day but it's only when it's a semi-nice-ish car that gets damaged it gets reported? Is the world just full or Metros and Micras perched precariously on top of Mondeos and the like?

I know - I posted it!

the pensioner drove off a raised parking spot.

what is particularly impressive with the Lexus is that it managed to climb up onto the cars!

vinny1275 - 25/6/08 at 08:54 AM

There was an investigation into stuff like this years back in the telegraph motoring section - automatic cars, generally luxury ones, just lurching forwards in traffic and ramming something. They could never find faults with the cars afterwards, and the statistics showed that it was always drivers of advancing years - they reckoned that they go for the brake and stamp the accelerator instead. Being an auto (and probably quite a powerful one), they just take off until something hard (or squishy, heaven forbid) stops them....

nib1980 - 25/6/08 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank

[Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank][Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank]

No We tested the Micra, and it can't climb up another car, 200mm curb, but Not a car!

[Edited on 25/6/08 by nib1980]

Werner Van Loock - 25/6/08 at 08:55 AM

As per title, no but will this do?

Not mine btw

Mr Whippy - 25/6/08 at 09:12 AM

It is a good point about people getting confused with the auto’s. I have two plus manual cars and on one or two occasions pressed the wrong pedal big style either on braking where I have instantly assumed the brakes have failed or pressed the throttle instead of the brake (thank god the handbrakes are strong). Have to admit that it takes a moment to remember which car it is and take lift my foot off especially if I’m tired or driven a long time on the motorway due to not having to deal with the gears.

dhutch - 25/6/08 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Werner Van Loock
As per title, no but will this do?

Not mine btw

Good isnt it,

I have no idea how they got that in there, but its actaully an all right idea.
- Fit a small gantry hoist that can slid out. Drive car behind, hoist, tilt to angle, slid in, lower and strap down.

Daniel

Mr Whippy - 25/6/08 at 11:53 AM

looks like the engine is on the vans floor so there is not much weight to it

James - 25/6/08 at 04:22 PM

DR. Evil to Goldmember:

"You crazy Dutch bastard"

mr henderson - 25/6/08 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
There was an investigation into stuff like this years back in the telegraph motoring section - automatic cars, generally luxury ones, just lurching forwards in traffic and ramming something. They could never find faults with the cars afterwards, and the statistics showed that it was always drivers of advancing years - they reckoned that they go for the brake and stamp the accelerator instead. Being an auto (and probably quite a powerful one), they just take off until something hard (or squishy, heaven forbid) stops them....

That's the truth of it. Automatics are very dangerous in the hands of the people who need them most. Very common accident scenario.

mad-butcher - 29/6/08 at 11:18 AM

I seem to remember the indy in the van sure it was bought over for sva looks like mk's estate