Board logo

Saudi drift mistakes
madrallysport - 4/9/09 at 12:32 PM

Link

These guys must take a lot of drugs, crazy people.

[Edited on 4/9/09 by madrallysport]

tegwin - 4/9/09 at 12:44 PM

Are cars out there rediculously cheap or something?..... Thats jst silly!

flak monkey - 4/9/09 at 12:45 PM

knobs

speedyxjs - 4/9/09 at 12:47 PM

Those cars are fwd

ETA - aren't they chevy lacettis?

[Edited on 4-9-09 by speedyxjs]

rallyingden - 4/9/09 at 12:49 PM

Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters Nutters

tomgregory2000 - 4/9/09 at 12:54 PM

small brains and big balls

AndyGT - 4/9/09 at 12:55 PM

it is a sport over there... ..to wreck perfectly good cars!!!

Apparently the desert roads are REALLY long, wide and straight so the idea is to drift them at high speeds and do 360 degree spins etc.

But obviously sometimes it goes wrong!!!

Peteff - 4/9/09 at 12:56 PM

Salaam Aleikum

Richard Quinn - 4/9/09 at 01:06 PM

Alaykum As-Salaam

Richard Quinn - 4/9/09 at 01:21 PM

Even our local chavs have more talent (but less cash) than those. It's really not quite drifting. More... well... like yanking the handbrake on when changing lanes on the motorway and hoping for the best.

clutch_kick - 4/9/09 at 01:32 PM

We buy their oil, they buy the cars.

what a bunch of wankers.

Breaker - 4/9/09 at 01:35 PM

Nice to see their oil money is well spent...

55ant - 4/9/09 at 01:40 PM

doesnt it also have something to do with saudi students being paid to go to uni.

uni students get up top enough trouble without being given a wage!

Humbug - 4/9/09 at 01:52 PM

I can just imagine the conversation...

"Hey lads, how about going out for a piss-up tonight?"

"No, you dick, we're not allowed to drink, remember? Why don't we go out in our cars, drive dangerously, crash into people and lose our no claims bonuses?"

"Wow! Brilliant idea! Let's go"

graememk - 4/9/09 at 02:16 PM

natural selection at its best.

BATHO - 4/9/09 at 03:00 PM

THATS JUST DAMN CRAZY MAD...

Mr G - 4/9/09 at 03:59 PM

An insight into what happens to a section of a society when petrol is cheaper than water

steve m - 4/9/09 at 04:51 PM

Its a shame that no one seemed to of died

And thus leave more fresh air for us "normal" ones

Dangle_kt - 4/9/09 at 04:53 PM

its the dumb ass spectators that I don't understand, I think I saw about 5 or 6 snuff it during that video. Now if you are the driver then that is some thrill - if incredibly dangerous, but whats the payoff as a spectator?

Cake or Death?

I'll have death please.

BigFaceDave - 4/9/09 at 06:03 PM

Anyone know where I can buy shares in saudi T-Cut?

eznfrank - 4/9/09 at 06:37 PM

If you look at some of the "succesful" drift videos, some of them seem to have exceptional car control, but I imagine success is a very long and expensive learning curve. What I don't get is if you want to do that on a closed road or runway or whatever then fine but some of those seem to be just in the middle of any random road amongst the other traffic. I do particularly like the one that just pings the rear bumper off, doesn't even look like they hit each other.

Danozeman - 4/9/09 at 06:58 PM

That appears to be standard driving over there. There is so many of that type of video about from there.

Madness but fun

owelly - 4/9/09 at 07:32 PM

I think what these folks need, are corners. Corners are good for drifting. Straights, not so good........
And their desire to meet Allah must be pretty strong.

lotusmadandy - 4/9/09 at 08:14 PM

Total knob heads.

Liam - 4/9/09 at 09:27 PM

Bak-alaah

Durk durk allah, muhamed jihad.

IanBrace - 4/9/09 at 09:54 PM

Lets face it, thats what hire cars ARE for!

RK - 4/9/09 at 10:02 PM

Apparently Wile E. Coyote is transcontinental. My second thought is that it must be even more boring there than I thought.

scootz - 5/9/09 at 06:38 AM

Oh well, if it stops them from being viscously vile to the female section of their society then it can only be a good thing!

Neanderthals!

Ben_Copeland - 5/9/09 at 07:03 AM

I wouldnt even call it drifting !

Idiots.

t.j. - 5/9/09 at 07:17 AM

Looking at the public which is flying around it maybe comparable with suicide-bombing.

speed8 - 5/9/09 at 09:26 AM

I'm just doing my defensive driving refresher out here (Saudi) and they said that Saudi is the most dangerous country in the world to drive in terms of accident percentages.

I tend to see one bad accident per day on average out here and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest when I do see it.

paul the 6th - 5/9/09 at 09:29 AM

pass the shish pipe... I fancy a drift this afternoon

Mark Allanson - 5/9/09 at 06:58 PM

Tiff Needel out takes?

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/9/09 at 10:26 PM

Probaly the 69 virgins the recieve when they arrive in heaven........big thing in thier lives the belive when its their time to go...its the way it is.