Board logo

woo hoo
mookaloid - 2/12/10 at 03:40 PM

Russia Have the world cup

Daddylonglegs - 2/12/10 at 03:45 PM

Devils Advocate

CRAIGR - 2/12/10 at 03:45 PM

Thats saved the taxpayer a few quid then .

Daddylonglegs - 2/12/10 at 03:45 PM

Wonder how much that cost the Russian Mafia then?

zilspeed - 2/12/10 at 03:48 PM

And they're welcome to it.

Olympics and Commonwealth games are already more than this island can afford right now without that p15h.

GMPMotorsport - 2/12/10 at 03:49 PM

And the 2022 world cup has gone to that famous footballing country QATAR !!

Ben_Copeland - 2/12/10 at 04:35 PM

You can thank the BBC for that !

Peteff - 2/12/10 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
You can thank the BBC for that !

Thank you BBC then

LBMEFM - 2/12/10 at 05:09 PM

I would also like to thank the BBC, what with bloody parasite (sorry royal) wedding and a handful of elitist running around in their PE gear for a couple of weeks in 2012 is about all I can stand, and that far too excessive.

[Edited on 2/12/10 by LBMEFM]

bob - 2/12/10 at 05:11 PM

Ofcourse the British home nations if they qualify will have an excellent world cup 2022 in Qatar, temps up to 50 degs is just right for our poofy players.

ashg - 2/12/10 at 05:49 PM

i think this is the first year in my life that i have ever thought the bbc tv licence was worth paying for. thank god all the the football twats from all over the world wont be coming here.

Even with the above i very much doubt we would have got it anyway, regardless of the bbc. but in a typical British way at least we now have someone to for all the fools to point the finger at.

personally i think it will be interesting how Russia copes with the massive influx of outsiders, especially when it comes to visas.

my last one took 3weeks to obtain and needed a letter of invite. going there for work i have found them a very strange bunch who have a low tolerance for outsiders unless your with someone local, e.g friend/colleague.

franky - 2/12/10 at 06:01 PM

Its nothing to do with the BBC!

I had the displeasure of working at the football match last night in Birmingham where there was a pitch invasion with flares thrown and other violence.
Totally moronic English footy fans, how many other times have you seen on the news that fans cant behave or act like humans!? I reckon that would have had more to do with the choice than the BBC program.

MikeR - 2/12/10 at 06:32 PM

From what i've heard the Russian fans can be much worse - its just not reported (why would we report that a provincial town's fans have been chanting racist chants and doing nazi salutes ????)

oh yeah, they did this morning when an African player was explaining how much grief he gets on Radio 4. If it wasn't for the world cup we wouldn't hear it. Just cause we hear about our fans doesn't mean other fans don't do it / aren't worse.

franky - 2/12/10 at 06:45 PM

To be honest I go to about 100 games a year with work(i'm not a footy fan!) and its shocking how fans act. Its even worse when you see idiots who take part in a pitch invasion with their kids

When I go and work on rugby games its a total pleasure, fans mix together on the stands, they drink together and they never fight or spend the whole match calling players/other fans w@nkers etc. Football fans could learn alot from them.

Obviously its not all fans but we're still talking thousands and thousands.

bmseven - 3/12/10 at 07:35 AM

Should be interesting as Russia have possibly the most rascist football supporters in the world

franky - 3/12/10 at 10:07 AM

Yep, i'm sure a few of our jobs will come back having had some corrective treatment in the local police stations too