Board logo

Heavy snow forcast
donut - 7/2/07 at 07:36 AM

Heavy snow is forecast for the south on Thursday so lets be careful out there and maybe get some pics up if poss.

Guinness - 7/2/07 at 08:09 AM

Got about 1/2" of snow here in the North East. Not enough to go sledging on, but enough for people to be crashing into each other!

Mike

fesycresy - 7/2/07 at 08:10 AM

For once in my life, I hope not.

I've 6 lorries of concrete coming

02GF74 - 7/2/07 at 08:15 AM

no snow here yeyt but -5 driving in

wish I had a camera - there was a MGF nicely "parked" in a drainage ditch that runs along side I road I driver/cycle into work.

dunno how it got there since it was a fair bit after a bend - can guess trying to avoid another car - must have just happened as there were people and 2 other cars stopped.

Jon Ison - 7/2/07 at 08:40 AM

Just dont let any fall near Heathrow on Sunday.........I'm coming home.

bob - 7/2/07 at 09:33 AM

I'll wave when you go over mine jon

Fozzie - 7/2/07 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
I'll wave when you go over mine jon

Me too!

They usually 'stack up' waiting to land, over mine!

When I last flew in from Singapore, it was around 7am, I could see my house while going round in circles waiting for a 'landing slot'.......

Fozzie

Fozzie - 7/2/07 at 09:56 AM

Doesn't look too bad (at the moment) for TW6 (Heathrow) on Sunday Jon ...

Linky

HTH Fozzie

Pezza - 7/2/07 at 10:14 AM

Cold enough here this morning, -7
Meant to be putting an engine back in a rover, but me fingers got to cold to pick up bolts properly lol

Aboardman - 7/2/07 at 03:34 PM

i was reading that they expect london to be gridlock tomorrow because they are expecting 2" of snow.

having been skiing in canada at -25,why does London gridlock on only 2".

theconrodkid - 7/2/07 at 05:03 PM

why does London gridlock on only 2".

its cos its london,we prob have more chelsea tractors than anywhere else,the drivers havnt got a clue how to drive them,the gritters "didnt see it coming",ken dont care.
OMG WE,RE ALL GOING TO DIE...QUICK RUN AND HIDE/STOCK UP ON 3 MONTHS WORTH OF FOOD ETC!!!!!
ive got plenty tea bags and chocolate so should see out the chrisis

iank - 7/2/07 at 05:23 PM

Heh heh, the first day of snow in Vancouver always causes chaos.

The city of Victoria (on the island) sold off all it's ploughs while I was out there as they "never got snow", then was shutdown while they hired some when they got a dump

martyn_16v - 7/2/07 at 07:42 PM

I'm fully expecting the country to grind to a halt tomorrow morning. Should be fun, as I need to get down to Southampton again tomorrow

Still, i've 'accidentally' left all my tools down there on site this evening so if I can't get there I won't be able to do anything else closer. Crying shame

flak monkey - 7/2/07 at 07:49 PM

If it snows tonight as much as expected (10-15cm in the midlands!) then i fully expect to be awoken by 200 chinese students marvelling at snow at 3am

David

theconrodkid - 7/2/07 at 08:16 PM

i fully expect to be awoken by 200 chinese students marvelling at snow at 3am

i fully expect to be woken at 3 am by 200 swedish nurses

flak monkey - 7/2/07 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
i fully expect to be woken at 3 am by 200 swedish nurses

As one of my friends would say, 'SWEDISH!'

DIY Si - 7/2/07 at 08:30 PM

Me thinks your in for a disappointment then Conrod! I hope it does snow, as I won't be able to get out of the village due to the big hills and really back roads! Hey ho, a day spent sledging!

wilkingj - 7/2/07 at 09:05 PM

Hopefully some Fun at last.. Been a bit wet and greasy for the Viento except for last Saturday...

SNOW... Yipee... Time to use the Land Rover to get to work..

Its a GT Tractor, not a Chelsea Tractor. Mines a Real Landy, not a Gin Palace on wheels

coozer - 7/2/07 at 09:57 PM

10pm here near Durham, coming down canny now.. expect it to be about 3 feet deep in the morning...

JoelP - 7/2/07 at 10:47 PM

not a whiff of snow in leeds fingers crossed, i cant be arsed having the day messed up...

ned - 8/2/07 at 06:53 AM

woke up at 5.35m and saw snow out of the window, it's snowing again now here in guildford, I can see across most of the north of guildford and its a white out, a good couple of inches, worst than the other week. see if i can get to work without incident in it this morning

ChrisJLW - 8/2/07 at 09:21 AM

Peeing down with rain in Portsmouth and bloody cold.