Board logo

Help....Scooter Workshop Manuals
TangoMan - 11/8/07 at 09:25 PM

I desperately need a workshop manual for a Honda X8R scooter.

My girls has broken down and I need to find out what is wrong before Monday.

She ran it out of fuel so I have taken the carb to bits to clean out. There is an electronic unit attached to the carb but I am unsure what it is/does. This may be the problem.

I have worked out the that there is some kind of pumping arrangement as no fuel comes from the tank unless the engine is cranking, and then it gushes!!
It cranks but does not start and the plug is dry!!
I can build a new engine and fit MS and Injection but I can't get a basic 2 stroke to run

The battery is on charge and I will try again tomorrow. A manula or linik where I may find one would be very much appreciated.

rusty nuts - 12/8/07 at 09:37 AM

Try a squirt of brake cleaner into the inlet when cranking? may get it firing and draw fuel through?

Chis_5984 - 12/8/07 at 10:51 AM

WRT: I have worked out the that there is some kind of pumping arrangement as no fuel comes from the tank unless the engine is cranking, and then it gushes!!

I know some scooters have a flow control valve fitted in-line from the tank that requires a depression to allow flow (obtained from a pipe to the carb/inlet).

As rusty nuts said it may be worth putting fuel directly in the cylinder (or easy start, brake cleaner etc) then cranking, if it fires at least then you know its fuel related.

Most bike carbs have a drain plug at the base of the float chamber, I normally crack this open when the carb has been stripped to ensure there are no air locks in the supply line.

Good luck!